Accelerated BS Nursing Admissions
Manhattanville’s Accelerated BS program in Nursing can be completed in four semesters of continuous study.
Nursing provides a unique range of professional skills and techniques to assist future nurses with balancing high tech with high care.
In addition to the baccalaureate essentials in nursing, students in the Accelerated BS in Nursing program will have a competitive advantage and learn holistic integrative modalities to complement traditional medicine. Students will also be qualified to become certified in holistic nursing and end of life care.
- All pre-requisite courses must be completed with a grade of C+ or better.
- A Bachelor's degree and all of the pre-requisites should be completed at the time of applying. It is possible to apply with up to two pre-requisites in progress, but not advisable.
- For you convenience, please use this Prerequisite Self-Evaluation Worksheet to check whether or not your prior coursework has fulfilled the requirements.
You may only have ONE pre-requisite course with a grade below C+. Failure of two+ pre-requisites disqualifies students for admission to the program.
- Fundamentals of Psychology (3 credits minimum; 4 credits preferred)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I with Lab (4 credits)
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Chemistry (4 credits)
- Developmental Psychology – Covering Lifespan (3 credits)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II with Lab (4 credits)
- Microbiology with Lab (4 credits)
Students may apply to Manhattanville by completing the Manhattanville Application.
When you fill out your undergraduate application, begin by selecting the nursing major and “Second Degree” as the student entry type.
Applicants to the second-degree nursing program need to have a conferred bachelor’s degree as well as all of the pre-requisite courses completed with a grade of C+ or higher, and a TEAS exam taken within the last two years that has an overall grade of Proficient aka 60% or higher.
Applications for Summer and Fall 2024 are now open. We are finalizing application dates and will have them posted when they are available.
To apply for admission to Manhattanville’s accelerated BS in Nursing degree program, submit:
- An online application
- 300-500 word essay on why you are pursuing a career in nursing at Manhattanville
- College transcript(s) for ALL colleges attended, including degree conferral and completed/in
progress pre-requisite courses
- Unofficial transcripts may be used for the application, but please note we will need official transcripts if you are admitted to the program.
- One (1) professional or academic recommendation
- Official TEAS score report
TEAS Exam Information:
- It must be taken within the last two years.
- You must achieve a minimum overall score of Proficient, aka 60% or higher.
- You are allowed to take the proctored online TEAS exam, it does not have to be taken in person.
- You must send us an official score report for your application to be considered complete.
- Link to register for the TEAS exam: https://atitesting.com/teas/register
Contact Trisha Feliciano, Senior Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions at Trisha.Feliciano@mville.edu to get started.
- The program is a full-time, daytime, in-person program. There is no evening or weekend flexibility.
- Courses can be offered anytime between the hours of 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
- Clinicals can be held anytime between the hours of 7 a.m. – 11 p.m., Monday through Sunday.
- Students may travel up to 50 miles to their clinical site. There is no guarantee that clinical locations will be accessible via public transportation. A means of transportation is, therefore, required.
- Each cohort is 4 consecutive semesters (i.e. fall, spring, summer & fall). The program is a total of 14 months.
- The program is 61 credits at a cost of $900 per credit. This is for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Students should factor in other costs: uniforms, lab and exam fees, books, travel, equipment, background check, physical exam, CPR certification and other costs.
- There are no institutional scholarships or discounts. Students can complete the FAFSA and may be eligible for Federal Loans.
To learn more about financing your education, please contact the Office of Financial Aid.
Confirm whether your document submissions have been received and receive up-to-the-minute updates about your application.
Our Academic Catalog is available online for students to review! You can search by course, semester, or the day of the week it is offered.
Check your coursework from other colleges and universities to see how it will transfer to Manhattanville College. This list is updated frequently.
Academic Support Services
The Center for Student Accessibility partners with students to empower them to take ownership of their college journey. The Center also strives to increase positive dialogue surrounding disabilities, promoting the "people first" approach and communicating the message that disability is an integral part of diversity.
The Andrew Bodenrader Center for Academic Writing and Composition has a mission is to provide Manhattanville students with support at any stage of the writing process. We strive to build the confidence of student writers through encouraging, collaborative one-to-one sessions with peer tutors, graduate Writing Center Fellows, and Academic Writing faculty.
The Center for Career Development is committed to individualized career exploration counseling, self-assessment, skill development, and utilizing internship and job search strategies that empower students to take ownership in their personal and professional success.
Additional Student Information
Military and Veteran Students with VA Education benefits can
apply for the post 9/11 GI Bill and related awards at Manhattanville College.
International Students are welcome at Manhattanville! Our community currently welcomes students from more than 30 countries!
Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health courses are geared toward students interested in applying to graduate or professional preparation in the Health Sciences, particularly in the fields of Medicine (MD, DO, DVM), Dentistry, Physical Therapy, and Optometry.
Online Students can access our programs from anywhere at any time, providing working professionals with a convenient pathway to continuing education.