The Community Life and Residence Life Office
Welcome to Community Life and Residence Life at Mville!
The Office of Community Life and Residence Services is excited to welcome you to our community. Community Life and Residence Services at Manhattanville College is an integral part of the educational program and academic support services of the institution. Far more than simply housing and roommate requests — we strive to create a dynamic living environment in which all students are comfortable and able to fully develop as individuals.
Important Housing Dates Housing License Agreement Student Handbook Incident Reporting Form
Dammann and Tenney Hall
Apply for Housing
Apply for Housing, View Assignments, Change Meal Plan and More
See the New Student Housing section on the Applying for Housing page.
Additional Housing Information
For current rates, please visit our Meal Plan and Housing page.
All Housing Cancellation Requests must be submitted at mville.edu/myhousing.
Housing Cancellations prior to move-in must be submitted by:
- June 15th - for the Fall Semester, for all students who plan to live on campus during the Fall semester
- December 1st - for the Spring Semester, for individuals who become residential students for the first time during the Spring semester.
- 7 Days before Date of Occupancy – for Summer Sessions, for individuals who plan to live on campus for any period of time during the summer.
Your Housing Deposit will be forfeited as a result of a housing cancellation.
Housing Cancellations after Move-In
The Housing Agreement is binding for the entire academic year, which means you are financially responsible even if you choose to not occupy the space. However, you may be released from the agreement for reasons such as:
- No longer enrolled at the College
- Medical withdrawal
- Academic Leave
- Study Abroad
You may request to cancel the housing agreement if you wish to cancel for some other reason than those listed above. Housing Cancellation Requests are only granted for new and extenuating circumstances that did not exist at the time your housing agreement was submitted. Difficult roommate situations and/or wishing to commute are not circumstances that would be approved.
All Housing Cancellation Requests must include a narrative explaining the reason for requesting a cancellation as well as documentation that supports the new and extenuating circumstance that requires you to cancel your housing.
Students must vacate their residence hall by the date determined by Residence Life & Conference Services. Any potential refund will be determined by the date a student completes their check-out process.
Cancellation Fees and Refund Amounts
Before first day of classes
First two weeks of the semester
Third week of the semester
Fourth week of the semester
Fifth week of the semester
After the Fifth Week of Classes
No room rent will be refunded
Please contact the Office of Residence Life & Conference Services for more information.
- The first thing to do is to try talking to your roommate about your issues.
- If that is unsuccessful, contact your Resident Advisor (RA) so that they may mediate any discussions or issues between you and your roommate.
- If all else fails, make an appointment with your Resident Director (RD) to discuss other options.
According to Student Handbook/Code of Conduct, a visitor is defined as non-Manhattanville person or a commuter student of Manhattanville College who is visiting a student in one of the residence hall. All visitors to the residence halls that stay for more than 6 hours must be registered. To register a visitor, the visitor must complete the steps below if they are a commuter or a non-Manhattanville person AND must receive a visitor pass from Campus Safety. These steps should be completed before a visitor enters the residence hall. All visitors must be over 18 years of age, have a valid government issued ID, and proof of COVID-19 Vaccine.
A visitor only needs to complete the online process one time, as the information is kept on file. Visitors must receive a new visitor pass each time they visit a residence hall.
This process listed below must be completed before a visitor can be issued a visitor pass.
Types of Visitor Passes
Any visitor staying in a residence hall for more than 6 hours
Any visitor arriving after 5pm
If Visitor is not a Manhattanville Student
- Visit mville.edu/visitor
- Complete all necessary information and upload picture
- For Emergency Contact, visitor must use someone else other than the Host Student
- Visitor should register before arriving to campus
- Visitor will receive an email confirmation once they have registered. They must follow the instructions in the email.
- Visitor and Host Student can proceed to Campus Safety for a Visitor Pass. Visitor will need an valid form of ID and Proof of COVID Vaccine
- Visitors only need to complete this process one time, but must receive a Visitor Pass from Campus Safety each time they visit campus.
Students applying for a Residential Housing Accommodation must submit a completed
Manhattanville College Medical Housing Accommodations Application.
Your mailing address would be:
Your Full Name
2900 Purchase Street
Purchase, NY 10577
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cleaning supplies (including disinfectant wipes/spray)
- Alarm clock
- Blankets, sheets, comforter, pillows, etc. Mattresses are size Twin Extra Long or
Click here to order linens
- Towels and washcloths
- Personal toiletries
- Laundry bag/basket, laundry detergent, fabric softener
- Iron/Ironing board
- Surge protected power strips.
- Waste basket
- Desk lamp
*Halogen lamps are not permitted
- Computer, Printer (WiFi is available)
- School supplies
- Shower caddy
- Drinking glasses/Plates/Flatware
- Refrigerator Energy Star compliant
*No larger than 5.0 cubic feet
- Microwave Oven
*1000 watts at max, preferably less
- You can rent a MicroFridge HERE.
*Order by August 4 and it will be placed in your room before you arrive.
- Digital Television (Cable service is provided by the College) Analog (non-digital) TVs will need a box to convert the digital signal to an analog signal that your TV can use; Manhattanville has a limited number of converter boxes available. To obtain one, call the IT Help Desk at 914.323.7230.
- Air Conditioner unit needs approval (medical accommodation required) - up to 6,000 BTU and no larger. You are responsible for installing your own unit. Please contact the Office of Accommodations to receive the proper approval.
- First aid kit and OTC remedies
- Shower curtains and hooks (Upperclass students residing in Dammann, Tenney, and Founder's Halls)
- Fan (Rooms can be warm in early fall and late spring)
The following items are considered fire/electrical hazards and are prohibited in the residence halls. If you have any of these items in your room will, you will be subject to disciplinary sanctions as per the Manhattanville College Student Handbook/Code of Conduct.
- Multiple Plug Adapters and Extension Cords
*When additional electrical outlets are needed, residents must use (UL) approved power strips with built-in circuit breakers. Power strips that are chained together will also be confiscated.
- Connected strands of string lights
*One single strand of string lights is permitted as long as the lights are UL approved, used in compliance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, not touching fire safety equipment, and the lights are not plugged into an extension cord.
*Including candles that have not been burned, without a wick or decorative, and liquid potpourri
*Including unburned incense
- Heaters without a safety shut off: Residents may use heaters with a safety shut off, once the heater is approved with a residence life staff member. Approval must be granted each academic year.
- Heating devices: including electric blankets, heating pads.
- Cooking appliances of any kind
*This includes hot plates, rice cookers, electric skillets, crockpots Toasters/Toaster ovens, indoor grills, air fryers, etc.
- Combustible substances
*Lighter fluid, charcoal, sterno burners, propane, gasoline etc.
- Halogen and lava lamps
- Outdoor grills and camp stoves
- Window Bird Feeder
- Liquid potpourri
Manhattanville College Residence Hall Bedding & Decor Program
Manhattanville College makes shopping for your room fun and easy! To help you avoid over packing (and overspending!), we’ve arranged a convenient solution where you can get comfortable and stylish bedding, decor, storage and organization essentials, and so much more—all in one place, and at prices you’ll love. The best part: This bedding is Twin XL, which means it will fit both standard Twin and Twin XL beds. (Standard Twin bedding won’t fit Twin XL beds, just FYI.) This program simplifies the shopping experience for college students by creating exclusive and high-quality products specifically designed for our specially sized beds and rooms. Their expansive assortment of styles has something for everyone; ensuring a fantastic room for all. Shop the links below for bedding, pillows, storage solutions, room decor and more. Shop now and feel confident about move-in day!
Best of all, every Residence Hall Bedding & Décor product available through Dormify is guaranteed to fit and guaranteed to last from move-in all the way to graduation.
Guarantee Your First Choice Today!
"Dormify's bedding is great and worth the investment, especially if you want a certain “look” for your dorm room. We had a college student try this dorm room ... Dormify allows college students to curate their ideal dorm room aesthetic." - USA Today
"All set for life in the dorm! Dormify offers a variety of awesome sets that are great for any college student and are guaranteed for graduation." - S Maine (2023), first-year student
"I am absolutely in love with my new products from @Dormify. This bedroom and bathroom kit will be so useful on move in day! If you are soon moving into a dorm @Dormify is the best place for you. Everything they have is so cute!! Thank you #Dormify" - C Perez de Arminan (2024) second year student
The Office of Residence Life and Conference Servicesreslife@mville.edu
914.323.5217Spellman Hall 111