The Master of Science in Marketing Communication Management program at Manhattanville College provides a strong foundation in the principles and practices of marketing and public relations and focuses on current topics including social media, reputation management, innovation, and market growth.
Marketing is the key driver to every industry – whether it’s a large corporation, small business, nonprofit, or service organization. It’s also one of the most dynamic and exciting fields in business. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the job outlook for marketing and promotional managers through 2024 will be growing faster than the average for all occupations.
Manhattanville’s Master’s in Marketing Communication Management program consists of 36 credit hours and evening and weekend classes are available for those looking to enroll part-time.
Manhattanville’s M.S. in Marketing Communication Management was ranked 13th on Successful Student’s ranking of the 17 Best Communication Management Programs. This ranking is based on areas including academics and variety of coursework. Successful Student noted our small, personalized classes and our reputation for providing students with a strong and comprehensive foundation.
Manhattanville College is located close by to Fortune 100/500 companies in Westchester and New York City. The location is perfect for attracting leading marketing managers to our faculty. Our proximity to New York City also helps students find work and internships.
No matter what career track you’re interested in, there are classes at Manhattanville that will be of interest to you. For example, Global Marketing Strategies and Operations Management are perfect for marketing analysts and managers. Classes such as Reputation Management suits students looking to work in public relations, while Social Media and the Business Imperative has a lot to offer to social media managers.
Since marketing platforms and methods are constantly changing, the Marketing Communication Management program provides students with the real-world skills needed to successfully grow a business. Students in the program learn how to create customer value and understand how social media has played a pivotal role in changing business communications, public relations, and reputation management.
Our faculty consists of leading practitioners who are experts in their fields and hold senior management positions including strategic marketing consultants, published authors, communication experts, and public relation specialists.
Marketing is the key driver to every venture– whether it’s a large corporation, small business, non-profit, or service organization. It’s also one of the most dynamic and exciting fields in business.
The Master of Science in Marketing Communication Management program provides a strong foundation in the principles and practices of marketing and public relations and focuses on current topics including social media, reputation management, innovation and market growth. The program also includes insights and processes for creating, communicating and delivering products and services. The curriculum topics range from understanding consumers and providing them with innovative products to building brands and leading organizations. Accelerated weekend format. 36 credits.
The program is ideal for individuals who want to upgrade and update their marketing communication knowledge and leadership skills. Courses are taught with academic rigor by an outstanding faculty who are practicing leaders in their fields and exceptional educators who bring real-world experience and networking opportunities into the classroom.
How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
Graduate Program Modules and Advanced Certificates: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
Marketing Communication Management
Graduate International students please see this additional information. (Advanced certificates are not eligible for international admissions).
1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: Graduate Domestic (All Master of Science and Advanced Certificates) An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Professional Studies Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. SPS will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date.
Graduate and Advanced Certificate: $75
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit a Health Formwith proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
8. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to:
Manhattanville School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street -- Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions (914) 323-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
School of Professional Studies - Office of Admissions 914-323-5150 email@example.com
Attending events are a great way to learn about our vibrant School of Professional Studies community. See photos from our recent Open House.
Oscar Buitrago, '17, M.S. in Marketing Communication Management
“The Marketing Communications Management program at Manhattanville College has provided me with in-depth industry knowledge, greater employment opportunities, and overall personal growth. The program's modern curriculum focuses on real-life scenarios and has positioned me for professional success. By design, classes are small and intimate, and they are led by knowledgeable faculty who are very supportive and motivating. I would highly recommend this program to any student looking to advance his or her career within the field of Marketing.”