Master of Science in Human Resource Management and Organizational Effectiveness
Manhattanville College’s Master of Human Resource Management and Organizational Effectiveness program trains students to become successful HR professionals. Employees are said to be an organization’s greatest asset and competitive advantage. It’s critical to attract, train, develop, and retain the best people.
In today’s global and complex markets, human resource professionals are taking a more strategic role than ever. Graduates of Manhattanville’s master’s program know how to communicate effectively, manage ethically, and bring strategic vision to a diverse workforce. They serve as the key link between an organization’s management and its employees.
With courses offered in the evenings and on weekends, you can earn your master’s degree while still continuing to grow in your career.
Human Resource Management
By studying Human Resource Management, students prepare to become an HR business partner who manages a broad range of HR activities in an organizational setting. As part of this program, you’ll delve deep into total rewards, employee and labor relations, HR legal and regulatory environments, HR technologies, and more. Classes in HR management include Employee and Labor Relations and HR Technologies.
By studying Organizational Effectiveness, students prepare to take on more focused consultative Human Resources roles in a corporation. You’ll gain an in-depth background in organizational learning and executive coaching, organizational assessment, analysis and change, human capital analytics, and analytical tools for decision making. Organizational Effectiveness classes include Human Capital Analytics and Analytical and Financial Tools For Decision Making.
Our Master of Science in HR Management and Organizational Effectiveness program is taught by the area’s leading practitioner faculty and industry partners. Graduates in this program have found careers in human resources as HR management advisors and as compensation administrators. View our testimonials to learn more about what makes our graduates so successful.
Named One of the Best HR Degree Programs
Manhattanville’s M.S. in Human Resource Development was named by College Choice as one of the best HR degree programs in the country in 2016. We were ranked based on criteria such as academic reputation, student retention, networking, internship opportunities, and more. Our location in the greater New York City area helps attract industry-leading faculty and makes it easier for students to find internships and career opportunities in Westchester and New York City.
Interested in the Master’s in Human Resource Management and Organizational Effectiveness program at Manhattanville? Download our program sheet to learn more or request more information now.
Required Courses HROE5100 Human Resource Competencies [COURSE:HROE5101] [COURSE:HROE5102] [COURSE:MGPS5010] [COURSE:MGPS5050] [COURSE:MGPS5060] [COURSE:HROE6000] Human Resource Management Concentration [COURSE:HROE5601] [COURSE:HROE5602] [COURSE:HROE5603] [COURSE:HROE5604] Organizational Effectiveness Concentration [COURSE:HROE5701]HROE 5702 Organizational Assessment, Analysis And Change [COURSE:HROE5703][COURSE:MGPS5040] Elective A course from your non-selected area of concentration in this degree, a course from any other Manhattanville School of Business Program, or an Internship (requires authorization). OR HROE 5650 Special Topics in Human Resource Management and Organizational Effectiveness
Graduate Program Modules and Advanced Certificates: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
HR Management and Organizational Effectiveness
Graduate International students please see this additional information. (Advanced certificates are not eligible for international admissions).
1. On-Line Application: The School of Business on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: Graduate Domestic (All Master of Science and Advanced Certificates) An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Business Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. MSB will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date.
Graduate and Advanced Certificate: $75
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit a Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to:
Manhattanville School of Business Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street -- Reid G5 Purchase, NY, 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions at (914) 323-5150 or email@example.com
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
Attending events are a great way to learn about our vibrant School of Business community. See photos from our recent Open House.
Merin Kovoor, '17, MS in Human Resource Management
“I’m glad to be a part of Manhattanville since it offers great courses that are relevant to today’s changing work environment. Each class has a professor who has tremendous industry experience which they blend meticulously into the curriculum. Each professor strives to bring out the best in each student with class interactions, projects, case studies and videos relevant to the course. The MS in Human Resources Management program has opened doors for me that led to better opportunities within the HR field and built up my career network.”
Nicole Davis, '17, M.S. in Human Resource Management
“My journey towards obtaining a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management has been amazing thanks to Manhattanville College. The classes for the graduate program are predominantly held on the weekends (three weekends per class) with a few classes available on weeknights. This allowed me to still work my job full-time and complete my course load in the timeframe I wanted. The professors are well-experienced professionals in the subjects they teach and prepare you with the information needed to succeed in your desired field/career. The MS in Human Resources Management program has added to my skills and knowledge made me more marketable and has aided in my growth as a professional. I continue to refer people to consider the graduate programs offered at Manhattanville. It’s great! Excited for graduation in May.”
Nicole Freeman, '17, M.S. in Human Resource Management
“The Manhanttanville College, School of Business, MS Human Resource Management & Organizational Effectiveness Program aided me in my quest to attain a MS degree. This program is truly designed for the working professional- with great flexibility and a thoroughly constructed course structure. I enjoyed learning from industry leaders and greatly appreciate the wealth of knowledge professors were able to share. Professors at Manhattanville are truly accessible and take a great deal of pride in developing the next generation of leaders in the Human Resources space. As a Talent Acquisition professional, it is very important to develop metrics to measure the impact of the recruitment process. Human Capital Analytics was a course that helped me better my analytical skillset thus propelling me to better align data to business results.”
Theresa Volpe, '18, M.S. in Human Resource Management
“To graduate from Manhattanville with a degree in Human Resource Management and Organizational Effectiveness will allow me the opportunity to transition into a new role in HR management. Over the course of my studies I have learned the importance of Project Management, HR technology and Strategic Planning. I have been able to truly analyze the inner workings of a company. I will certainly take away all I have learned from my graduate studies to make me a better coworker and leader in the workforce.”
Sarina Hoda, M.S. in Human Resources "Manhattanville's graduate program has been an amazing experience. The knowledge and insight I've learned from all of the professors and fellow students has made a significant impact in helping me excel in my own career. Everything taught is current, relevant and thought-provoking... I couldn't have asked for a better program to pursue my studies in!"