Manhattanville College’s Master of Science in Finance program focuses on going beyond the numbers to understand the greater impact finance has on an organization. The CFO's role in top organizations has evolved from crunching numbers to being the CEO’s strategic partner. The demand for smart, communicative, and thoughtful people in top finance positions will increase even more in the future. Gain an understanding of financial decision processes to maximize shareholder wealth, financial statement analysis, and financial institutions, and immerse yourself in current financial special topics in Manhattanville’s M.S. in Finance program. Students can use their electives to focus on an area of interest.
Corporate Finance Electives
Learn to manage money for institutions and corporations, take actions to increase the firm’s value to its shareholders, manage corporate assets and liabilities, and plan for the future. Classes in this specialization include Managerial Accounting, Financial Risk Management, and Treasury Operations.
Investment Management Electives
Study investment management and gain the knowledge you need to raise and manage capital for institutions or individuals through the Investment Management Specialization. Learn how to be an analyst and advise, strategize, and support diversification and risk management. Investment Management classes include Investing and Security Analysis, Global Investments, and Options and Future Markets.
Central Location for Finance
Manhattanville College is located in Westchester County, nearby to New York City’s financial markets. In addition to the industry experts in the School of Professional Studies, Westchester is home to numerous Fortune 100/500 companies. This program provides a unique opportunity to study amongst leaders in the financial industry.
Our Master’s in Finance program offers mostly evening and some weekend classes to fit busy schedules, as well as options to accelerate and complete the degree at your own pace. Manhattanville College also provides many resources for graduate students, such as alumni events, panels and workshops through the Center for Career Development.
Careers in finance are diverse and include areas such as: financial services, financial planning, fund management, regulatory compliance, trading, financial management, banking, accounting, and investment management. The Master of Science in Finance program provides students with the foundation to help them prepare for the prestigious Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, offered by the CFA Institute.
For those students with an undergraduate degree in accounting, the MS Finance program meets the 150 credit hour requirement for Certified Public Accounting (CPA) licensure. For more information on those looking to become a CPA see this link.
We receive applications from all states and across the globe. We look for capable students with some work experience and a passion for what they are aspiring to do. We welcome new students, transfer students, those who have served in the military, and international students. Master’s in Finance students are admitted on a rolling basis. You can learn more about the application process now. Not ready to apply but interested in learning more? Download our program sheet to learn more or request more information.
Effective leaders are needed to answer the new challenges facing finance professionals with today’s changing markets and increased regulatory environment. According to NACE (National Association of Colleges and Employers) 2020 study, a graduate degree in Finance is one of the most desirable credentials for employment.
The M.S. in Finance teaches the core competencies and skill sets needed to succeed in business and enables a student to focus on their desired career path. Evening weeknight format. 36 credits.
Graduate and Advanced Certificates: Fall, Spring and Summer
Finance (all concentrations)
Graduate International students please see this additional information. (Advanced certificates are not eligible for international admissions).
1. On-Line Application: The Manhattanville College on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: Graduate Domestic (All Master of Science and Advanced Certificates) An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Professional Studies Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. SPS will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date.
Graduate and Advanced Certificate: $75
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit a Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to:
Manhattanville School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street -- Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Trisha Feliciano, Assistant Director of Transfer and Graduate School of Arts and Science Admissions at 914.323.1490 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
Click here for more information on Tuition and Fees
Juan Baez Perez, '17, M.S. in Finance “Manhattanville School of Business has helped me acquire great skills for my personal and professional development, with intensive courses in the investment management field. This program has not only shaped my career and my discipline as a financial analyst but, it has also made me grow in experiences related to the finance industry.”
Sawla Khoury, '17, M.S. in Finance “Being part of Manhattanville College did not only assist me in prospering academically, but more importantly helped discover my inner abilities. The personal attention Manhattanville provides its students, through the openness of its faculty members, whether advisors or professors, makes it easier for students to learn and absorb the exact knowledge an individual would need to identify and achieve their career goals. On a personal level, Manhattanville played a big role in my life; it was my first external interaction with reality in the United States. My experience has been nothing but motivational, as it made me believe in myself and my capabilities to work towards a better future and a prospering career.”
Luka Jorjoliani, '17, M.S. in Finance “I started my masters right after getting my bachelor's degree. Manhattanville College School of Business offers a great transition opportunity from college to professional life. The MS in finance program is conveniently designed; I was able to work during the day and take classes during the evening. While gaining an extensive knowledge in finance, this program gives students possibility to stand out and bring graduate level experience to the table.”
Masters and Graduate Advanced Certificate programs in Business Leadership, Finance, Marketing and HR Management are supported by an active advisory board comprised of senior business leaders in their respective fields. They serve as a resource group to ensure high quality industry driven programming and career connections.
Monroe College & King Graduate School
Dun & Bradstreet
Ethan Allen Global, Inc.
Central National-Gottesman Inc.
The Business Council of Westchester
Kerry Flynn Barrett
Northwell Health/Northern Westchester Hospital
BTIG Financial Services
The Worldwide Group
Stolfi Consulting, Formerly Swiss Re
Julie Zhong (Ng)
Carmen Martinez-Lopez, Ph.D.
Westchester Community College
Westchester Community College
Verizon Business Group
Birchtree Global, LLC
Manhattanville College Career Services
1. What is the program format of the Finance program? The Finance program is mostly a weeknight format program. Most of the core requirements meet in the evenings during the week starting at 7:00 pm. We offer two concentrations: Corporate Finance and Investment Management. Enrollment is flexible with classes starting fall, spring and summer, although there may be a winter option available too.
2. How long will it take me to complete the Finance master’s degree? The master’s degree can be completed in as little as 21 months of part-time study. This assumes two classes per term.
3. What is the difference between a Master of Science and a Master of Business Administration? Both are graduate degrees. A Master of Science degree serves as an alternate to an MBA degree. A MS degree will provide specialized skills in a specific business area. An MBA degree provides general knowledge in business. An MS in Finance is a good option in the start of your career, for those with little work experience or later in your career with a lot of work experience.
4. Can I attend this program as an international student? Yes, international students are welcomed to attend this program and can find more information by clicking here.
5. What is the classroom experience like? Classes are small and highly interactive. This format is conducive to networking with fellow professionals and faculty in the classroom and to facilitate learning. Many classes are offered in convenient hybrid, live online synchronous and online asynchronous formats too.
6. What financial assistance is available? Students are eligible to apply for Financial Aid. In addition the college offers educational partnership discounts. We work with students who are eligible for tuition reimbursement or veteran’s benefits. There are also a limited number of scholarships and graduate assistantships.
7. What is a typical credit load per term? The typical credit load ranges from 3 – 9 credits per term. This varies depending on the student’s employment status.
8. When can I start? Students can begin the program in any semester (Spring, Summer or Fall) although even a winter class may be available.
9. What are the steps in applying? Interested students can apply online using this link. A personal essay, resume, all transcripts, two letters of recommendations and an application fee of $75 are needed to fully submit the application.
10. Do I need to take a GRE or GMAT to apply? Applicants are not required to submit GRE or GMAT scores. It is an optional piece that will be considered during the admissions process if submitted.
11. Are classes on-line or classroom based? We offer classes in a variety of formats. Some classes are classroom based. Some classes are offered in hybrid or online formats.
12. Are there any career or job placement services? The Center for Career Development is available to all students for career assistance for life! This can include, resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, internship and job search strategies and more. Click here for more information.