Leadership Development is one of the most pressing talent challenges faced by organizations. It’s predicted that companies will face a huge crisis or shortage in leadership because of the number of baby boomers beginning to retire. As these talented senior leaders leave, they are taking their valuable skills and experiences with them. However, this need is creating an opportunity for educated and talented business professionals to take on business leadership roles.
Manhattanville’s Master of Science in Business Leadership program gives students the power to drive organizational change in the increasingly complex world of modern corporations. Positioning yourself as a leader in the competitive business world requires a solid grounding in strategy and an innovative approach to problem solving. You can make the transition from management to leadership with this advanced MBA alternative program.
Designed for visionary professionals with a convenient, year-round schedule including night and weekend classes, this master’s degree can be completed in as little as 18 months. You’ll develop the skills, connections, and insight that will set you apart in various sectors.
As the baby boomer generation moves into retirement, more space is opening for highly-educated professionals to take on leadership roles. Leadership development is one of the most pressing talent challenges faced by organizations. Across all industries, intelligent and thoughtful executives are needed to help businesses meet the challenges of the future.
A good organizational leader has excellent cross-cultural communication skills, the ability to motivate and empower team members, and the strength of conviction to forge a new path in the business world. The MS in Business Leadership at Manhattanville prepares students to inspire change, and empower their teams as leaders and innovators.
The Master’s in Business Leadership curriculum begins with core courses designed to give students a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge required to take on advanced leadership roles. Students gain a thorough understanding of foundational business concepts while still having the freedom to specialize in different industries through elective courses in global business, healthcare, risk management, value-driven organizational leadership, and more.
Through our selection of classes taught by expert faculty, students can build on their goals, advance their careers, and prepare to shift into a leadership role. The program culminates with a capstone project; an independent research initiative that provides students with the opportunity to explore their specific interests in-depth, establishing a deeper level of understanding and mastery of the complexities in a given field.
Careers in Business Leadership
Being a leader in the business world takes more than just making decisions and delegating tasks. It requires a higher level of insight and initiative. Leaders don’t just implement a vision, they create it.
Effective business leaders communicate their ideas and motivate their team members while negotiating the complex interplay of marketing, legal, finance, and other strategic business considerations. Given the diversity of skills required for business leadership positions, qualified individuals will find ample opportunities for satisfying careers.
Organizations in every sector require leaders to guide them successfully through the changing modern business landscape. Our graduates have advanced their careers as business consultants, executives, project leaders, and have even launched their own businesses.
Manhattanville’s Master’s in Business Leadership program can help you launch the next stage of your career as an organizational leader. The Manhattanville School of Professional Studies is one of the top business schools in Westchester County and serves not only the Purchase, NY area but also commuter students from Fairfield County, CT and the NYC area. Interested in learning more? Request information or download our program sheet.
Successful organizations need effective leadership at all levels and replacing outgoing talent is a critical issue for companies around the world. The MS in Business Leadership is an MBA alternative which helps to position you to fill this talent gap.
The curriculum is designed to emphasize team-building, leadership, effective communication, project management and other vital management skills. Students develop immediate strategies to transition successfully from manager to leader. Graduates gain an industry recognized credential to enhance their skill set and qualifications while preparing for professional advancement. Accelerated weekend format. 39 credits.
The program is ideal for individuals who want to upgrade and update their general business knowledge and leadership skills. Courses are taught with academic rigor by an outstanding faculty who are practicing leaders in their fields and exceptional educators who bring real-world experience and networking opportunities into the classroom.
How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
Graduate Program Modules and Advanced Certificates: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
Graduate International students please see this additional information. (Advanced certificates are not eligible for international admissions).
1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: Graduate Domestic (All Master of Science and Advanced Certificates) An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Professional Studies Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. SPS will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open Houses. Please check the website for our next available dates and to RSVP. Please note that paying the application fee must be the last step you complete prior to submitting your application. Visit the Paypal page and click return to MVille Application page to complete the submission.
Graduate and Advanced Certificate: $75
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit the Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT for graduation applications and SAT & ACT test scores for undergraduate applications are optional and not a required component to determine an admissions decision, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to:
Manhattanville School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street — Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions at 914.323.5150 or email@example.com.
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
School of Professional Studies — Office of Admissions 914.323.5150 firstname.lastname@example.org
Attending events are a great way to learn about our vibrant School of Professional Studies community. See photos from our recent Open House.
Denzer Johnson, M.S. in Business Leadership "The Business Leadership program at Manhattanville College has been instrumental in helping me prepare for career advancement by providing the analytical and decision making skills and tools needed to be marketable in today’s job market. I have found the course work to be both current and relevant to real world issues I have encountered as a sales professional in the corporate environment. The program has helped me grow both professionally and personally as I continue on my professional career journey."