Dual Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees are a great way to save time and money and also enhance your career opportunities. Receive your Master’s degree in as little as one year. Eligible students take 12 graduate credits which is applied to both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
The BS in Business Management and MS in Human Resource Management program would allow students to complete the requirements for an undergraduate and graduate degree at Manhattanville at an accelerated pace. The BS in Business Management and MS in Human Resource Management programs are appropriate for this type of dual degree progression given the content, goals and philosophies underlying the curricula.
After completing a solid foundation in Business Management at the undergraduate level, students continue to the MS degree program. The MS program further educates students by providing them with advanced knowledge and business skills in business to prepare them to assume leadership roles in management. The MS program provides a thorough foundation in business while allowing flexibility for students to explore a wide variety of opportunities within a number of fields.
As one of the top business schools in Westchester County, Fairfield County and the NYC area. The School of Professional Studies serves residential students as well as commuters.
Students must have at least 75 earned credits to be accepted into the program. Candidates need an overall GPA of at least 3.3, have taken coursework to provide a strong foundation of business knowledge, and have at least one recommendation from Manhattanville faculty attesting to the student’s preparedness for graduate level study.
The BS programs of study in Business Management require students to complete three elective courses in an area of concentration. Undergraduate students who are accepted into the dual degree program would fulfill these electives as well as one additional course (which would count toward the degree, but not the major) via four of five possible graduate level courses in the Human Resource Management M.S. program (see below). These courses encompass eight core courses which are required to earn the M.S. degree in Human Resource Management.
All students in the dual degree program must complete HROE 5100, HROE 5102, MGPS 5010 and MGPS 5050 and must also earn a B or better in all HROE/MGPS coursework to continue in the program and may take no more than one HROE/MGPS course in the first two semesters of their participation in the program. Students may subsequently take up to two HROE/MGPS courses per semester.
Courses that are eligible to be counted toward both awards:
How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
APPEAL Adult Undergraduate Accelerated Degrees: we admit six times per year – Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, Summer 1 and Summer 2
All Applicants: 1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why you decided to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is a good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experiences make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts:APPEAL-ADULT Undergraduate Accelerated: Please send official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions. If you have not attended a post-secondary institution, submit an official high school transcript or proof of completion of high school, or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED). Student copies are not acceptable. See below for the address.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date. APPEAL- Adult Undergraduate Accelerated: $50.00
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit the health form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after January 1 1957.
8. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to: Manhattanville College School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions Reid Castle – G4 2900 Purchase Street Purchase, NY, 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact 914.323.5150 or email@example.com
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
School of Professional Studies - Office of Admissions 914.323.5150 firstname.lastname@example.org