Dual Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees are a great way to save time and money and also enhance your career opportunities. The dual BS in Behavioral Studies and MS in Business Leadership offers the same benefits and conveniences as our APPEAL (Adult Accelerated Undergraduate) degrees and graduate School of Professional Studies programs. Receive your Master’s degree in as little as one year. Eligible students take nine graduate credits which is applied to both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
As one of the top business schools in Westchester County, The Manhattanville School of Professional Studies is located in Purchase, NY. The School of Professional Studies serves not only locals, but also commuter students from Fairfield County, CT, and the NYC area who are ready to earn their BS in Behavioral Studies and MS in Human Resource Management.
The School of Professional Studies offers an option for adult undergraduates who wish to combine a Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Studies with a Master of Science in Business Leadership.
The following dual degree is available: Behavioral Studies Bachelor of Science / Business Leadership Master of Science This program would allow students to complete the requirements for an undergraduate and graduate degree at Manhattanville at an accelerated pace. That is, Behavioral Studies undergraduate students will be able to complete up to nine credits in the M.S. in Business Leadership program prior to the completion of their undergraduate degree and apply these credits to their graduate degree. The Behavioral Studies B.S. and Business Leadership M.S. programs are appropriate for this type of dual degree progression given the content, goals and philosophies underlying the curricula. After completing a solid foundation in Behavioral Studies at the undergraduate level, students continue to the M.S. degree program. The M.S. program further educates students by providing them with advanced knowledge and business skills in business to prepare them to assume leadership roles in management. The M.S. program provides a thorough foundation in business while allowing flexibility for students to explore a wide variety of opportunities within a number of fields.
The B.S. program of study in Behavioral Studies requires students to complete all of their core courses in the major. Undergraduate students who are accepted into the dual degree program would fulfill these required courses as well as three additional courses (which would count toward the degree as electives, but not the major) via three possible graduate level courses in the Business Leadership M.S. program (see below). This program encompasses eight core courses and five elective courses which are all required to earn the M.S. degree in Business Leadership. All students in the dual degree program must complete three courses of which MSBL 5100, MGPS 5000, MGPS 5010, MGPS 5040, MGPS 5050 are eligible, and must also earn a B or better in all MSBL/MGPS coursework to continue in the program.
Courses that are eligible to be counted toward both degrees:
MGPS 5000 Business Strategy
MSBL 5100 Transitioning from Manager to Leader
MGPS 5010 Communicating Effectively
MGPS 5040 Analytical and Financial Tools for Decision Making
MGPS 5050 Leading Effectively and Ethically
Students may apply for admission to the dual degree program which is appropriate to the degree type that they are pursuing (B.S.). Students must have at least 75 earned credits to be accepted into the program. Students may submit applications in the semester during which they are projected to earn 75 credits. However, applications from students with fewer than 75 earned credits will only be approved pending successful completion of 75 credits. The typical accepted candidate will have an overall GPA of at least 3.25, have taken coursework to provide a strong foundation of business knowledge, and have at least one recommendation from Manhattanville faculty attesting to the student’s preparedness for graduate level study. The GPA quoted above (3.25), however, is a guideline. Having a GPA of 3.25 or greater does not guarantee acceptance to the program. Likewise, some students may be accepted even if their overall GPA is less than 3.25 if they can otherwise demonstrate their readiness for graduate work. Students must earn a B or better in all MSBL/MGPS coursework to continue in the program.
How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
APPEAL Adult Undergraduate Accelerated Degrees: Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, Summer 1 and Summer 2
1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: APPEAL-ADULT Undergraduate Accelerated: Please send official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions. If you have not attended a post-secondary institution, submit an official high school transcript or proof of completion of high school, or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED). Student copies are not acceptable. See below for the address.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date. APPEAL – Adult Undergraduate Accelerated: $50.00
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit the Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after January 1 1957.
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to: Manhattanville School of Professional Studies
Office of Admissions
2900 Purchase Street – Reid G5
Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Director of Recruitment and Admissions 914.323.5150 or email@example.com.
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
School of Professional Studies - Office of Admissions