Students pursuing an accelerated bachelor's degree in Behavioral Studies may be eligible to take advantage of the dual degree program offered by Manhattanville College, the School of Professional Studies and the School of Education. Eligible students may take up to five graduate courses, which will be applied to both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
For those Bachelor of Science students majoring in Behavioral Studies and enrolled in the Dual Degree Program in Teaching, no more than 60 credits will be transferred, since an additional 15 required credits will be earned in the graduate program at the School of Education. Students who wish to be admitted to the program must have and maintain a grade point average of 3.4.
As one of the top business schools in Westchester County, The Manhattanville School of Professional Studies is located in Purchase, NY. The School of Professional Studies serves not only locals, but also commuter students from Fairfield County, CT, and the NYC area who are ready to earn their BS in Behavioral Studies and MA in Teaching.
We currently offer three dual degree options with the Bachelor of Science in Behavioral Studies.
MAT (E101) Childhood Education (Grades 1-6) 39 credits
MAT (E102) Early Childhood Education (Birth – Grade 2) 36 credits
MAT (E103) Early Childhood (Birth-Grade 2) & Childhood Ed (Grades 1-6) 49 credits
Five 3-credit graduate courses: [COURSE:EDU5017] [COURSE:EDU5367] EDU 5112 / EDU 5113 Childhood Social Studies and the Arts [COURSE:EDU5307]
The above information provided serves as a guide, which will be updated periodically.
Current information about degree program requirements can be found in the official College Catalogs.
How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
Starting terms: APPEAL Adult Undergraduate Accelerated Degrees: Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, Summer 1 and Summer 2
1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: APPEAL-ADULT Undergraduate Accelerated: Please send official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions. If you have not attended a post-secondary institution, submit an official high school transcript or proof of completion of high school, or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED). Student copies are not acceptable. See below for the address.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date. APPEAL- Adult Undergraduate Accelerated:$50.00
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit the Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after January 1 1957.
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to: Manhattanville School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street -- Reid G% Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Assistant Director Recruitment and Admissions 914.323.5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
School of Professional Studies - Office of Admissions 914.323.5150 email@example.com