Dual Bachelor’s/Master’s degrees are a great way to save time and money and also enhance your career opportunities. Receive your Master’s degree in as little as one year. Eligible students take 12 graduate credits which is applied to both the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
In addition to the two options noted above for full-time undergraduate students, adult students can also pursue SPS's Bachelor of Science in Business Management with a Master of Science in Sport Business Management in our adult accelerated program.
These programs allow students to complete the requirements for an undergraduate and graduate degree at Manhattanville at an accelerated pace. That is, Business Management undergraduate students will be able to complete up to 12 credits in the MS in Sports Business Management program prior to the completion of their undergraduate degree and apply these credits to their graduate degree.
As one of the top business schools in Westchester County, The Manhattanville School of Professional Studies is located in Purchase, NY. The School of Professional Studies serves not only locals, but also commuter students from Fairfield County, CT, and the NYC area who are ready to earn theirBA/BS in Business Management and MS in Sport Business and Entertainment Management.
Students must have at least 75 earned credits to be accepted into the program. Candidates need an overall GPA of at least 3.3, have taken coursework to provide a strong foundation of business knowledge, and have at least one recommendation from Manhattanville faculty attesting to the student’s preparedness for graduate level study.
All students in the dual degree program must complete MSBM 5001, as it is a prerequisite for all other MSBM course. MSBM 5002 must be completed before taking MSBM 5006. Students must earn a B or better in all MSBM coursework to continue in the program and may take no more than one MSBM course in the first two semesters of their participation in the program. Students may subsequently take up to two MSBM courses per semester.
Courses which may count toward both degrees: [COURSE:MSBM5001] [COURSE:MSBM5002] [COURSE:MSBM5003] [COURSE:MSBM5004] [COURSE:MSBM5006]
Undergraduate students who are accepted into the dual degree program would fulfill these electives as well as one additional course (which would count toward the degree, but not the major) via 4 of 5 possible graduate-level courses in the Sports Business Management MS program. Application must include two recommendations from faculty in their undergraduate program.
How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
Starting terms: APPEAL Adult Undergraduate Accelerated Degrees:Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, Summer 1 and Summer 2
All Applicants: 1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why you decided to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is a good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experiences make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: APPEAL-ADULT Undergraduate Accelerated: Please send official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions. If you have not attended a post-secondary institution, submit an official high school transcript or proof of completion of high school, or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED). Student copies are not acceptable. See below for the address.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date. APPEAL – Adult Undergraduate Accelerated: $50.00
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit the Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after January 1 1957.
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to: Manhattanville School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street – Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions at 914.323.5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
School of Professional Studies - Office of Admissions 914.323.5150 email@example.com