This 12 credit (4 courses) certificate in Marketing Communication Management provides core
knowledge needed in this dynamic, growing and exciting field. Marketing is the engine that creates
value in business, provides the interface for the customer experience, and is the foundation for
knowledge about customers, consumers and competitors. Learn how to create customer value,
understand how social media has played a pivotal role in changing business communications, public
relations and reputation management.
Take 4 courses as a standalone credential or apply all the courses toward the Master of Science in Marketing Communication Management degree. Students select from 4 classes out of 7 options to focus their studies on their job and/or interests.
Graduate Advanced Certificates: • are in great demand by employers because they offer focused knowledge in a given business discipline. • are geared for different levels of employees; those looking to deepen their knowledge in a specific subject area, those seeking to gain a new area of expertise and credential, or for those needing to update their skills. • provide learning opportunities for those who already have a master’s degree or for those students looking to try a few classes before committing to an entire degree.
For more information on the Master of Marketing Communication Management see the program page.
Marketing is the key driver to every venture– whether it’s a large corporation, small business, non-profit, or service organization. It’s also one of the most dynamic and exciting fields in business.
The Master of Science in Marketing Communication Management program provides a strong foundation in the principles and practices of marketing and public relations and focuses on current topics including social media, reputation management, innovation and market growth. The program also includes insights and processes for creating, communicating and delivering products and services. The curriculum topics range from understanding consumers and providing them with innovative products to building brands and leading organizations. Accelerated weekend format. 36 credits.
The program is ideal for individuals who want to upgrade and update their marketing communication knowledge and leadership skills. Courses are taught with academic rigor by an outstanding faculty who are practicing leaders in their fields and exceptional educators who bring real-world experience and networking opportunities into the classroom.
How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
Starting terms: Graduate Program Modules and Advanced Certificates: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
HR Management and Organizational Effectiveness
Graduate International students please see this additional information. (Advanced certificates are not eligible for international admissions).
1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain: How and why did you decide to pursue this program Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: Graduate Domestic (All Master of Science and Advanced Certificates) An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Professional Studies Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. SPS will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open Houses. Please check the website for our next available dates and to RSVP. Please note that paying the application fee must be the last step you complete prior to submitting your application. Visit the Paypal page and click return to MVille Application page to complete the submission. Graduate and Advanced Certificate: $75
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit the Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT for graduation applications and SAT & ACT test scores for undergraduate applications are optional and not a required component to determine an admissions decision, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to: Manhattanville School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street -- Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions at (914) 323-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.