This 12 credit (four courses) certificate program in Human Resource Management provides the core knowledge needed in the dynamic HR area. Employees are said to be an organization’s greatest asset and competitive advantage. It’s critical to attract, train, develop, and retain the best people. In today’s global and complex markets human resource professionals are taking on a more strategic role. Successful HR professionals know how to communicate effectively, lead and manage ethically, bring strategic vision to a diverse workforce and understand how to manage talent.
Take four courses as a standalone credential or apply all the courses toward the Master of Science in Human Resource Management degree. Students select from four classes out of seven options to focus their studies on their job and/or interests.
Graduate Advanced Certificates: • ...are in great demand by employers because they offer focused knowledge in a given business discipline. • ...are geared for different levels of employees; those looking to deepen their knowledge in a specific subject area, those seeking to gain a new area of expertise and credential, or for those needing to update their skills. • ...provide learning opportunities for those who already have a master’s degree or for those students looking to try a few classes before committing to an entire degree.
For more information on the Master of Science in Human Resource Management, degree see the program page.
This 12 credit (4 courses) certificate program in Human Resource Management provides the core knowledge needed in the dynamic HR area. Employees are said to be an organization’s greatest asset and competitive advantage. It’s critical to attract, train, develop, and retain the best people. In today’s global and complex markets human resource professionals are taking on a more strategic role. Successful HR professionals know how to communicate effectively, lead and manage ethically, bring strategic vision to a diverse workforce, and understand how to manage talent.
How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
Starting terms: Graduate Program Modules and Advanced Certificates: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
HR Management and Organizational Effectiveness
Graduate International students please see this additional information. (Advanced certificates are not eligible for international admissions).
All Applicants: 1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain: How and why did you decide to pursue this program Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: Graduate Domestic (All Master of Science and Advanced Certificates) An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Professional Studies Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. SPS will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open Houses. Please check the website for our next available dates and to RSVP. Please note that paying the application fee must be the last step you complete prior to submitting your application. Visit the Paypal page and click return to Manhattanville Application page to complete the submission. Graduate and Advanced Certificate: $75
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit the Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after January 1 1957.
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT for graduation applications and SAT & ACT test scores for undergraduate applications are optional and not a required component to determine an admissions decision, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to: Manhattanville School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street – Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact the Office of Admissions: Trisha Feliciano, Program Specialist, School of Professional Studies 914.323.1490 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.