SHAC - Health Services
Health Services provides medical services to all full-time undergraduate and residential graduate students of Manhattanville College.
Everyone knows that being sick while away from home can be scary and difficult. We’re here to help you get through it.
Our team of Board-Certified Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses provides care for all undergraduate students and graduate residents. Health Services promote a healthy lifestyle through education and preventative medical care. We also provides diagnostic services and treatment of illness and medical conditions.
We are located in Spellman Hall G-17
Open Monday through Thursday 9am-5pm
Friday 8:30am- 4:30pm, by appointment only.
Appointments can be made by calling (914)323-5245
or emailing SHAC@mville.edu.
If you are on campus and experiencing a medical emergency, call Campus Safety at (914)323-5244.
Our Services and Fees
- Sick visits and urgent care
- Physical exams
- Immunizations: TDAP and influenza
- In-office laboratory testing: blood sugar, pregnancy, urine analysis, strep, mono, Covid, flu
- Lab tests (blood, urine, cultures) sent to independent lab
- In-house procedures/tests such as hemoglobin, blood glucose, hemoccult, inhalation therapy, suture removal
- Comprehensive gynecological care
- Reproductive health
- Contraceptive counseling
- STI testing and education
- Emergency Contraception (Plan B)
- Free internal and external condoms and dental dams
- Specialist consultations/referrals and coordination of specialty care
- Wellness counseling
- Health Education, resource materials and Health Education Programs
- Flu Shot FREE
- Condoms and Dental Dams FREE
- Emergency Contraception/ Plan B $20
- Oral Contraceptives $20
- Tetanus (TDAP) $20
- Payment must be made at time of services by CASH ONLY
- Student Services Exclude: Dental Care ~ X-rays ~ Allergy shots
SHAC Health Services offers a wide range of LGBTQ services, from appropriate contraceptives to sharps disposal bins for those using injectable hormones.
We are committed to ensuring health equity and improving access to quality healthcare for LGBTQIA+/TGNCNB students. We work hard to provide a safe, welcoming, and supportive environment for all students.
The following is a list of services provided:
- Pap smears
- STI testing – includes HIV, Hepatitis C, and syphilis testing
- Referral for Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention
- Free condoms and dental dams
- Contraceptive management
- Safe sex information
- Blood drawing
- Administration of OR assistance with administering injectable hormones (must bring your medication in the original packaging with the pharmacy label intact)
- Provide and dispose of sharps containers.
SHAC Health recognizes that transgender, gender nonconforming, and non-binary students may be hesitant to access healthcare, so, we work to create and maintain a safe, non-judgmental space where students can ask questions, get answers, and receive compassionate health care in a supportive environment.
Our providers are able to refer students to specialists who are knowledgeable in gender transition. We, along with our Counseling Services colleagues, believe it is important to provide ongoing support and primary care services with respect and knowledge of the medical and emotional issues unique to transitioning.
SHAC Counseling Services staff are committed to providing affirming, quality mental health services to transgender, gender non-conforming, non-binary, and sexually diverse students. Our staff are trained in the complexities relating to questioning sexuality, gender, and the process of coming out. Students may find it helpful to speak with one of our counselors who can provide support and assistance to students navigating through these important milestones in their identity development.
The Ally Care Center | A Multidisciplinary clinic
Trans Student Educational Resources
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health
National Coalition for LGBT Health
The Gay & Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
Link to GLMA provider list
National Center for Transgender Equality