We live in an increasingly global economy. To thrive in today’s business world, you’ll need a solid
understanding of the economic, political, regulatory, and cultural dynamics that affect multinational
ventures. Recognize how to compete and market across the globe by employing international business
strategies. Prepare for an exciting career in international business with a thorough foundation in the
various business foundations as well a business focus.
Manhattanville’s Master of Science in International Management is ideal for aspiring leaders seeking to break into the world of global business. As both large and small organizations set their sights on international markets, the demand for professionals with cross-cultural communication skills and top qualifications is growing. Take the plunge into international management with this comprehensive master’s degree program.
Our campus is situated in the greater New York City area in Westchester County and offers excellent opportunities for networking and experiential learning. Designed for mid-career ambitious professionals, this degree program can be completed on a part-time schedule in only 18 months.
As economies around the world continue to develop, ambitious businesses are expanding their footprint to international markets. Whether it’s in emerging economies in Asia, trading commodities in the Americas, or non-governmental organizations working around the world, international opportunities for qualified and determined professionals abound.
To stay competitive, organizations are constantly exploring new markets in different corners of the globe. As a result, they need talented, qualified professionals with in-depth knowledge of the complex interplay of communication, finance, marketing, and business strategy in an international setting.
Earning a master’s degree in international business management positions you to take on coveted positions around the world with confidence.
The curriculum of this master’s program aims to develop a thorough understanding of international business strategy and operation. The program begins with foundational courses before offering four areas of specialization for students to choose from.
The foundational courses include effective communication skills, management of global corporate projects, international finance, and global marketing strategies, among others. The goal of the core courses is to establish a detailed understanding of broad business concepts as they apply to global concerns.
Students then have the opportunity to choose from one of four specializations based on their own interests and career goals:
Human Resource Management
Marketing Communication Management
New classes begin yearround, with offerings in the spring, summer, fall, and winter. The GRE and GMAT are optional and not required to apply.
For more information on the specifics of this program, please download the program sheet.
Careers in International Management
The career opportunities for graduates of this program are extensive. With the growing need for qualified professionals with international credentials, graduates will be able to narrow their search to find niche positions relative to their qualifications. With its four specializations to give depth and breadth to students’ expertise, this degree can open the door to new opportunities around the world.
Jobs available to graduates with a Master’s in International Management include sales manager, global financial officer, international marketing director, and global human resources manager. Opportunities can also be found in international development and non-governmental organizations.
Combined with the networking opportunities available in the greater New York City area, graduates of this program will be well positioned to embark on exciting careers in businesses and organizations anywhere in the world.
Take Your Career Global with Manhattanville's M.S. in International Management
Manhattanville’s Master of Science in International Management program will help you gain the credentials needed to reach your career goals. The world of global business is growing, and opportunities abound for qualified, ambitious professionals willing to take an international position. Sound interesting? Request more information. Ready to take the plunge? Start your application today.
You'll need to take 12 courses earning a total of 36 credits for the Master of Science in International Management.
1. On-Line Application: The School of Business on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: Graduate Domestic (All Master of Science and Advanced Certificates) An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Business Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. MSB will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date.
Graduate and Advanced Certificate: $75
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit a Health Form with proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to:
Manhattanville School of Business Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street -- Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions (914) 323-5150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
Attending events are a great way to learn about our vibrant School of Business community. See photos from our recent Open House.
Elizabeth Morales, M.S. in International Management "For me this Master's program has been a life changing experience, having Professors that are willing to guide you in understanding management issues is valuable experience for a young professional. One of the best things the School of Business offers is a group of Professors with vast experience that are willing to educate you on the key aspects that lead them to success in their careers. The good thing is that with the small groups this experience can be tailored to your needs."
Scott Hudson, '18, M.S. in International Management “I began working towards my Masters in International Management at Manhattanville College in the spring of 2016. Working in the global payments industry for a technology company like Mastercard requires an evolving skillset; technology is changing rapidly and with that so are the ways in which we interact with payment products. For that reason, I decided that a Master’s degree would not only supplement my on-job learning, but would also help me develop the skills needed to become a leader within the organization. Manhattanville is the perfect fit because the knowledgeable and passionate faculty, as well as the small class sizes and flexible weekend/weeknight schedule have made it possible for me to succeed in my career and the classroom simultaneously.”
Gerhaldine Kazombiaze McKnight, M.S. in International Management "As an Assistant Manager of Staffing and Scheduling at my current job, this program has been beneficial to me in many ways. I am now able to apply the knowledge and theory that I have learned at my job, such as coaching and help develop the staff that I supervise within my department. As for the future career goals, I am hoping to a get a job within the International Organizations, as I previously worked for the UN (UNESCO) in Namibia for 5 years. I strongly believe that with the skills and knowledge that I have obtained through the course, I am optimistic that I will get the job that I want within the HR department."