Technology has significantly changed the way people communicate and no field is as dynamic as Communication Management. We no longer require offices to work, and travel to hold business meetings. Social media has come head to head with traditional media, and publications and readers now engage with one another.
The Bachelor of Science in Communication Management provides theory an practical resources for managing, implementing, enhancing and examining communication styles and practices. The program, designed by professionals in communication and liberal arts, will examine various communication channels and how media, the internet and technology are changing the way we communicate. Students also have the right to challenge for Life Experience credits and apply up to 12 CLEP credits.
As one of the top business schools in Westchester County, Fairfield County and the NYC area. The School of Business serves residential students as well as commuters.
The curriculum for the Bachelor of Science in Communications Management program consists of thirteen core courses, and electives.
IDS 3010 Career and Life Work Planning ENW 3013 Expository Writing COMM/MGT 3032 Understanding the Marketplace and Competition COMM/SOC 3050 Mass Media and Society COMM 3060 Seminar in Communications and Management Concepts COMM 3061 Oral Presentation and Communication COMM/IDS 3062 Written Communications in Media and Management COMM/IDS 3064 Film and Media Aesthetics and Analysis COMM 3065 Theories of Communications COMM/ART 3066 Multimedia Environments COMM 3067 Communications Industries and Information Technologies COMM/SOC 3068 Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication COMM 3098 Final Integrative Project
Students pursuing the accelerated Bachelor's Degree in Communications Management may be eligible to take advantage of a dual degree opportunity in combination with the M.S. degree in Marketing Communication Management offered by the School of Business.
The above information provided serves as a guide, which may be updated periodically. Current information about degree program requirements can be found in the official College Catalogs.
How to Apply to School of Business programs
Starting terms: APPEAL Adult Undergraduate Accelerated Degrees:Fall 1, Fall 2, Spring 1, Spring 2, Summer 1 and Summer 2
All Applicants: 1. On-Line Application: The School of Business on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: APPEAL-ADULT Undergraduate Accelerated: Please send official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions. If you have not attended a post-secondary institution, submit an official high school transcript or proof of completion of high school, or Graduate Equivalency Degree (GED). Student copies are not acceptable. See below for the address.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date. APPEAL- Adult Undergraduate Accelerated: $50.00
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, Adult students please submit Health Formwith proof of immunization against measles and rubella, in compliance with New York State regulations. This requirement applies to only students born on or after Jan. 1, 1957
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to: Manhattanville School of Business Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street -- Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Monika Pottgen, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Admissions at (914) 323-5150 or email@example.com
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
Financial Aid for APPEAL (Adult Accelerated Undergraduate) Students RG
Education Pays Manhattanville is committed to the needs and aspirations of our APPEAL (Adult Undergraduate Accelerated) students’ ages 21 years of age and older. Earnings potential and career opportunities expand with a completed degree. We understand the necessity of pursuing your degree quickly to increase your career opportunities, in a flexible format around your busy work/life, and the importance of affordability.
1) Is there financial aid available for APPEAL students? Yes, APPEAL program students can apply for and receive many forms of financial aid. In general though, you have to be enrolled for at least 6 credits (half-time) in your program to qualify, and must meet all other federal and state requirements to receive aid. 2) What kind of aid is available? Financial aid packages can include Pell Grants, NYS TAP Grants (NYS residents, full-time students only) and Federal Direct Loans. The specific amounts of aid a student will qualify for will be based on the results of your FAFSA, the number of credits you take per semester and the total number of credits previously earned. Our financial aid staff will work with you to determine your eligibility once you have completed the application process. 3) What if I’m over 24 years old? Students who are 24 or older as of December 31st of the award year are considered independent. Independent undergraduate students don’t have to include parental income/asset information and can be eligible for increased unsubsidized Stafford loan limits. 4) How do I apply for aid? The first step to determining aid is by filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid). You should also complete a TAP application for NYS Tuition Assistance if you plan to be a full-time student. You can do that at http://hesc.ny.gov. Once the financial aid office receives your completed FAFSA they will ask you to complete a Manhattanville Financial Aid Form as well. 5) What is Manhattanville’s federal school code? 002760 6) What is Manhattanville’s TAP code: 0420 7)Are there other ways to pay?
Tuition Reimbursement: If you are currently employed, ask your employer’s office of Human Resources about the availability of tuition reimbursement. Your employer may require you to maintain a minimum GPA in order to receive assistance. If you are eligible for reimbursement please inform our office of student accounts.
Veterans Benefits: We proudly serve our veterans! If you are a veteran, please look into your GI Bill benefits for Higher Learning. Our APPEAL undergraduate and dual bachelor’s/master’s degrees is full covered by VA benefits. For more information please see our veteran’s page.
External Scholarships: Please see Fastweb for the many available scholarships and resources based on your strengths, interests and majors.
Payment Plan: Manhattanville offers a cost effective payment plan through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) to pay for school. You pay a small enrollment fee to participate each semester then make monthly payments to TMS. For more information see TMS.
What is the best way to contact Manhattanville’s Office of Financial Aid?