Student Employment

The Center for Career Development administers Federal Work-Study and Campus Employment (for Non Federal Work-Study Students) programs for undergraduates.

Policies for the Federal Work-Study Program are set by the Federal Government and policies for Campus Employment by the College. Students in both programs are paid hourly according to the pay scales of the Student Employment Job Classification System.

Student Payroll is processed by the Payroll office. Please contact them at 914.323.5226 with questions about pay schedules, time sheets and paychecks.

Graduate Students are to be employed through Human Resources.

For more information contact Manching Tom, Assistant Director of Student Employment.


Getting Started & FAQs
Hiring Procedure - New Hire
Hiring Procedure - Re-Hire
Employment Forms
How to Enter Hours in Self-Service
Student Payroll Schedule


Starting in the Fall 2018 semester, all Student Employment paperwork will be done online via Handshake.

Please read through the Hiring Instructions (above) for more information about the steps you need to take before you can start working on-campus.

REMEMBER: Under NO circumstances are you to begin work without written approval from the Center for Career Development. Once you complete the necessary Hiring Steps (above), you will receive an email from the CCD indicating you are cleared to begin work.

Questions? Please contact Manching Tom at


Student Employment Hiring Workflow

Student Employment Brochure


Student Employment Brochure

Federal Work Study FAQ's


Federal Work Study FAQ's