COVID-19: Health Services / Reporting an Illness
Current Lab-Confirmed Positive Cases
This reflects the number of community members with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 who were on campus while infectious. This number is updated as new information is acquired and represents student, faculty and staff data as reported to Student Health and Counseling and Human Resources. As community members with confirmed positive cases receive clearance from the Westchester County Department of Health, their data is removed from this dashboard.
Students can access health and counseling services by emailing SHAC@mville.edu or calling 914-323-5155 for an appointment.
In the event of a confirmed case, the College follows all protocols and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the New York State Department of Health (DOH).
What to do if you have tested positive:
If you have been on the Manhattanville campus or if you have been in physical contact with other Manhattanville community members in the past 14 days and you test positive for COVID-19, below are guidelines for notification:
· For students – contact SHAC at 914-323-5245 for assistance and guidance.
· For staff – contact your supervisor.
· For faculty – contact your Dean or the Provost.
That will start the process of notification, possible quarantining, and cleaning.
We realize that the College cannot require any member of our community to disclose medical information. The College is committed to providing the community with information as we receive it in a way that safeguards the community and safeguards the privacy of community members.
Community notification process for a confirmed COVID-19 case at Manhattanville (if the person has been on campus or in physical contact with community members):
· A member of the Emergency Management Team will be notified to ensure that any identified community members who had direct contact with the person who tested positive for COVID-19 are notified. This will be done in a way that best protects the identity of the community member.
· There will not be a community-wide notification every time someone tests positive.
Cleaning process after a confirmed COVID-19 case at Manhattanville:
· Public or common spaces where the person has been on campus will be cleaned and disinfected.
· Cleaning products that meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19, will be used.