COVID-19: INFORMATION FOR THE MANHATTANVILLE COMMUNITY
We are looking forward to welcoming students back for the spring semester. Safety policies and protocols can be found here and our dashboard can be viewed here. Email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
What is the Student Emergency Fund?
The Student Affairs Dean of Students Office administers the Student Emergency Fund. Thanks to the generosity of our faculty, staff, alumni, and friends donors, Manhattanville College are proud to announce this special opportunity for our students. The Student Emergency Fund helps full-time, degree seeking undergraduate students who demonstrate financial hardship or encounter unforeseen and inadvertent financial difficulty that threatens their academic progress. The fund is intended to provide a one-time award to assist the student in immediate financial need. The Student Emergency Fund is not a replacement for financial aid.
Examples of eligible expenses that will be considered include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, dental or mental health emergency expenses that are not covered by insurance
- Replacement costs of essential personal belongings in the event of fire, theft or natural disaster that are not covered by insurance; not lost due to negligence
- Travel in the case of the death or illness of an immediate family member
- Temporary support costs for a student in a dangerous situation due to threats or acts of violence
- Individually-recommended or required services that are considered critical to a student’s success, for example, diagnostic testing for Accessibility Resources
- Support for emergency dependent-related expenses, for example, child care
- Books and other essential academic expenses
- Fees for immigration- or visa-related documents, etc.
Examples of ineligible expenses that will not be considered are as follows:
- Tuition, fees, room, board
- Study Abroad costs
- Costs of optional programs, entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel and other non-essential expenses
- Insurance fees
- Costs associated with criminal or civil court cases.
For any questions regarding the Student Emergency Fund, contact DeanofStudents@mville.edu