Race and Ethnicity Resources
- Anti-Racism E-Books (free) from Hoopla
- Anti-Racist Book Recommendations
- Privilege, Power, and Difference, 3rd edition
- 35 Dumb Things Well-Intended People Say, by Dr. Maura Cullen
- Brené with Ibram X. Kendi on How to Be an Antiracist (Podcast)
- Codeswitch (Podcast). What's CODE SWITCH? It's the fearless conversations about race that you've been waiting for! Hosted by journalists of color, our podcast tackles the subject of race head-on. We explore how it impacts every part of society — from politics and pop culture to history, sports and everything in between. This podcast makes ALL OF US part of the conversation — because we're all part of the story.
- Yo, Is This Racist? With Andrew Ti AND Tawny Newsome (Podcast)
Scholarship and Career Resources
The Center for Career Development Career Resources pages lists a wide range of scholarship and career resources for students of all backgrounds!
- Banaji, Mahzarin R. Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People. New York, NY: Delacorte Press, 2013.
- Bensimon, Estela Mara. Closing the Achievement Gap in Higher Education: An Organizational Learning Perspective.
- Chemerinsky, Erwin, and Howard Gillman. Free Speech on Campus. Yale University Press, 2017.
- DiAngelo, R., 2011. "White fragility". The International Journal of Critical Pedagogy, 3(3).
- Iverson, Susan. Camouflaging Power and Privilege: A Critical Race Analysis of University Diversity Policies
- McDonald, Michael A., et al. “It Takes a Campus: Building Capacity to Sustain the Diversity Journey.” Intersectionality in Action: a Guide for Faculty and Campus Leaders for Creating Inclusive Classrooms and Institutions, edited by Brooke Barnett and Peter Felton (Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing, 2016), pp. 48-62.
- Metclalf, Allan, "Bias: Mark My Words." Lingua Franca blog, Chronicles of Higher Education (August 10, 2015), including the comments: https://www.chronicle.com/blogs/linguafranca/2015/08/10/bias-mark-my-words/.
- National Center on Disability and Journalism, Disability Language Style Guide. URL: http://ncdj.org/style-guide/, Date accessed: August 30, 2016.
- Patel, Eboo, "Is Your Campus Diverse? It's a Question of Faith," Chronicles of Higher Education. (September 17, 2012): https://www.chronicle.com/article/Is-Your-Campus-Diverse-Its-a/134448.
- Staats, Cheryl. Understanding Implicit Bias: What every educator should know. Winter 2015-2016, American Educator. https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1086492.pdf
- Sue, Derald Wing. Microaggressions and Marginality: Manifestation, Dynamics, and Impact. July 2010. https://nau.edu/uploadedFiles/Offices_and_Committees/CDAD/_Forms/Microagressions.pdf
- Sue, Derald Wing. Race Talk and the Conspiracy of Silence: Understanding and Facilitating Different Dialogues on Race. John Wiley & Sons, 2016.
- Building Cultural Competency: Vocabulary (September 2020)