Human Capital Analytics for HR Professionals
April 27 (Friday)
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Instructor: Dr. Richard A. Montanaro
Provides 3.75 recertification hours
Manhattanville College community and alumni please enter your coupon discount code when you checkout.
This interactive, experiential human capital analytics workshop will be a "hands-on" discussion of many topics essential for both enhancing one's credibility as an HR practitioner, as well as the introduction of terms and concepts. The workshop will allow participants to learn change their language as well as the "lens” in which they view essential, strategic business practices.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be bette able to:
- Define and apply a deep comprehension of Analytics and Dynamics of Human Capital, through both an identification and differentiation of various practices and tools.
- Apply and synthesize processes using the appropriate methods to collect, measure and analyze human capital data that drive business/department performance and measurement.
- Understand the metrics used in HR analytics for such area as workforce planning, talent acquisition, retention, onboarding, learning investments and exits.
- Investigate human capital analytics through a model of the employee life cycle.
- HR Generalists, Management and individuals assuming HR duties (Finance, Legal, etc.)
- This program is valid for 3.75 PDC’s toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.
About the Instructor
Dr. Richard Montanaro began his academic career path as an adjunct teaching at Manhattanville College, where he taught both undergraduate and graduate students. He currently teaches Human Capital Analytics along with a number of courses in the APPEAL adult accelerated BS program. Additionally, Dr. Montanaro teaches advanced courses online at the MS/PhD/DBA levels at Capella University.
In addition to his academic endeavors, Dr. Montanaro dedicates himself to building his Career Assessment and Consulting business, CareerDiscoverys (http://www.careerdiscoverys.com). With a particular interest in careers and transition, (including his own!) his dissertation research and practice is dedicated to career coaching and talent assessment, preaching the value of evidence–based analytics - a passion!
Dr. Montanaro’s prior experience includes roles in corporate Human Resources as a HR Generalist and Learning and Leadership Development experience. Additionally, his experience includes extensive internal and external consulting to Fortune 500 companies in training, executive coaching, individual and group assessment, team-building, and organization development. A published author, curriculum designer and conference speaker, his blogs and peer reviewed journal articles are dedicated to among other topics, the design, development, deployment of evidence based learning and learning transfer metrics.