Excel Tools and Functions Workshop III
Date: March 24 (Saturday)
Time: 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Instructor: Astrit Rugovac
Manhattanville College community and alumni please enter your coupon discount code when you checkout.
Learn more of the advanced features that Excel has to offer. Excel Tools and Functions Workshop III is designed for those who have already mastered the basics of Excel and can move on to analyze and present data by using PivotTables, edit and analyze complex data using advanced features into a worksheet such as working with controls and recording macros.
Upon successfully completing this workshop, students will be able to demonstrate proficiency of key topics including:
- Understanding of the fundamentals of creating, formatting, and editing the most commonly used charts to visually analyze data.
- Familiarity with the subtotal and outline feature.
- Understanding of how to find and use advanced Excel functions.
- Automate repetitive tasks by creating macros that run tasks with just one click.
- Exploring, creating and formatting charts.
- Going over key functions like IF functions, VLOOKUP functions, COUNTIF functions and more as well as some key formulas.
- Manipulate, move, and analyzing data in pivot tables, pivot charts, and slicer dashboards to produce various essential reports.
- The ability to consolidate data across workbooks, control the type of data to be entered in a cell or a range of cells, and create drop-down lists using the data validation tool.
About the Instructor of the Excel and PowerPoint Workshops
Astrit “Al” Rugovac has over 10 years’ experience in the financial industry that includes five years at a distressed hedge fund and five years as an associate manager at one of the largest financial administrators. Astrit is currently a vice president at one of the fastest growing brokers on Wall Street.
Throughout his extensive career in finance, Astrit has mastered many advanced features of Excel to provide data cleansing and analysis, pivot tables, formulas (v-lookup and others), data validation, conditional formatting, along with graph and chart manipulation for use in PowerPoint presentations, metrics, and reporting of information.
Astrit Rugovac is a graduate of the MS Finance program ’15. As a Manhattanville School of Business alum, Astrit is also looking for opportunities to give back to the school like by teaching Microsoft application workshops to other alums and current School of Business students.