Developing Legal and Effective Job Descriptions
Date: March 16 (Friday)
Time: 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Instructor: Ray LaManna
Provides 3.75 recertification hours
Manhattanville College community and alumni please enter your coupon discount code when you checkout.
This seminar will help participants master the important function of creating, revising and leveling job descriptions. Clearly defined job descriptions outline the outcomes you desire in attracting, motivating and retaining key talent. Participants will learn practical tips and tools to create job descriptions for use in salary administration and performance appraisals to match the needs of your organization. Provides 3.75 recertification hours.
Upon successfully completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify the various purposes and uses of job descriptions.
- Apply the practices and principles to prepare a job analysis of responsibilities, duties and specifications.
- Apply guidelines for preparing effective job descriptions.
- Reference federal guidelines regarding exempt, nonexempt and independent contractor status.
- HR Generalists. Management and individuals assuming HR duties (finance, legal, etc.).
- This workshop is valid for 3.75 PDC’s toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.
About the Instructor of the SHRM Professional Development Courses
Raymond T. LaManna, M.S., SHRM-SCP, SPHR, is an experienced instructor in the SHRM certification process. Ray is actively involved in SHRM as a past Subject Matter Expert for the Strategic Management module of the Learning System. As well as past national chairperson of the Management Practices committee of SHRM charged with upgrading materials for the Learning System. Ray is also an adjunct professor at Manhattanville College.
Ray LaManna is currently the owner of his own human resources consulting firm, specializing in employee relations, training and coaching. Prior to establishing his own firm, Ray held positions as Director of Human Resources at the Parish of Trinity Church on Wall Street, Human Resources Director of Integrated Resources Inc. as well as HR positions at Wells Fargo Bank and JP Morgan Chase.