SPRING 2021 PLAN:
With the Fall semester well underway, the College has announced the Spring calendar and plans. See our announcement on the Spring calendar. The College is prepared to welcome community members back to campus for the Spring semester with current safety precautions still in place and in accordance with current guidance from the State of New York. For questions and other communications related to the coming academic year and campus reopening, email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org. Safety policies and protocols can be found here.
Information for the Manhattanville Community
The Fall 2020 semester at Manhattanville College began August 31. The College welcomed community members back to campus this academic year in accordance with current guidance from the State of New York and with safety precautions in place. The detailed reopening plan can be found here.
This plan addresses protocols mandated by the New York State guidance for the following:
- Reopening the Manhattanville campus.
- Monitoring the health conditions of the Manhattanville community.
- Containment of COVID-19 to prevent or limit transmission.
- Shutdown of campus and in-person operation as necessary.
Concern for the health and wellbeing of the entire Manhattanville College community and surrounding communities is the driving force behind the College reopening plan.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, and as we enter this coming academic year, there has been a need to reimagine the way we teach and learn. Strategies for delivering upon our mission and providing a high-quality educational experience while focusing on the health and wellbeing of the community have inspired the faculty and staff to be nimble and develop innovative ways of delivering course content and engaging with students. We are committed to continuing to be flexible and recognize the possibility of a need to pivot again to fully online course delivery depending on the current public health situation.
Students should check their Manhattanville email regularly for updates from the college.
The health and well-being of our community is our first priority and we ask that everyone continue to take the recommended precautions. Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face. If you’re not feeling well, stay home. Anyone who is concerned about their health should contact a health care provider. Students who are not feeling well or are experiencing anxiety related to this situation should contact Student Health and Counseling at 914-323-5245.
- NYSDOH COVID-19 Hotline 1-888-364-3065
- NYS Department of Health COVID-19 page https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
- CDC COVID-19 page https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/summary.html
- Johns Hopkins case tracker https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
- COVID-19 video https://www.collegehealthtv.com/wellness-wednesday-video