Coaching Skills for Supervisors
Date: May 4 (Friday)
Time: 9:00 am to 1 pm
Instructor: Denis Sullivan
Provides 3.75 recertification hours
Manhattanville College community and alumni please enter your coupon discount code when you checkout.
Coaching is the continuous process that helps employees maximize their contributions through focused performance counseling and advice – it is one of the most powerful tools you have as a leader. Coaching develops employees to master performance expectations and motivates them to reach both individual and organizational goals. This workshop helps students learn the fundamentals of coaching that will enable them to gain confidence, improve their productivity and succeed as leaders who inspire trust and commitment.
Upon successfully completing this workshop, students will be able to demonstrate proficiency of key topics including:
- Establish a principled framework for effective coaching relationships with employees.
- Hold an effective performance coaching discussion to provide employees with feedback on how they are doing and develop plans for making needed improvements.
- Determine expected performance targets for employees’ major tasks and responsibilities – as well as their long-term development.
- Analyze employees’ current level of performance against expectations and identify areas needing improvement.
- Team leaders, supervisors or managers who want to increase employee productivity and build successful employee relationships.
- This workshop is valid for 3.75 PDC’s toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification.
About the Instructor
As founder of IdeaStudio, a human resources and media consultancy, Denis Sullivan advises clients on organizational, workforce and leadership development issues. While a senior HR executive at Verizon (and its predecessor GTE), and with over 40 years of proven leadership and broad functional expertise, he established a track record for delivering award-winning programs and business solutions with specific, quantifiable outcomes.
Denis has served as a trusted advisor and confidant to C-Suite human resources executives, demonstrating an effective combination of strategic and conceptual ability, operational insight and a penchant for innovation. With strong decision-making and coaching skills, Denis has built a reputation for driving change in a healthy way – by putting new ideas into action and assembling highly effective teams with a contagious desire to deliver results.
Denis is an energetic communicator, a highly-rated educator and public speaker. As a skilled facilitator with an effortless personal style, Denis is able to bring forth the best ideas that a group has to offer and is practiced in the art of the difficult conversation.