STUDENT EMPLOYMENT ONLINE ON-BOARDING TUTORIAL FOR STUDENTS via Handshake
The following instructions are for students who have been hired for a campus job,
and HAVE worked at Manhattanville in a previous semester.
CONGRATULATIONS! You are hired for a campus job. Now what?
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE STUDENT EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE FORM
In order to start working, all students who are hired must submit a Student Employment Experience online form via Handshake.
To start the process: Log-In to your Handshake account: www.mville.joinhandshake.com
1. Go to [Career Center] tab at the top of your screen
2. Select [Experiences]
3. Select [Request a New Experience]
Follow the instructions listed
- For Experience type, select [Student Employment]
- For Employer, enter [Manhattanville College On-Campus Employment]
- For Address, enter your permanent home address
4. Fill out the necessary information, click [Submit], then proceed to Step 2
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD THE HIRING ADDENDUM AND ATTACH COMPLETED COPY TO YOUR EXPERIENCE
1. Hiring Addendum
- Be sure to include your Job Title, Department, & Supervisor
- Fill out Section A - Class Schedule - including start time & end time of your classes
- Fill out Section B - Work Schedule (some position do not require a work schedule - consult the CCD if you are not sure)
- Sign the bottom of the form - type your name on the signature line
- Download these forms to your computer
- Fill out necessary information only after you download each form
- Save the completed forms
- Go back to [Career Center] tab, select [Experiences] and select your submitted Experience
- Attach each form to your [Experience] – using BLUE button the left side of your screen.
- Do this for both forms, one at a time
STEP 3: ATTACH YOUR SELF-SERVICE SCHEDULE
Attach a PDF or JPEG copy of your Class Schedule for the current semester from Self-Service.
STEP 4: SUPERVISOR APPROVAL
Once you submit your Student Employment Experience and attach the necessary documents, we will forward your Experience to your supervisor, who will be able to view and approve your job – and that’s it! No need to come to our office to receive a Green Slip. If you are missing anything, or the CCD/your supervisor requires further information, we will reach out to you.
STEP 5: CAREER DEVELOPMENT APPROVAL
After your supervisor approves your Experience, the CCD will review your submission once more, and then we will send you an email to confirm you are cleared to begin working. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to begin working without first receiving this written confirmation the Career Development office that you have been approved to work.