STUDENT EMPLOYMENT ONLINE ONBOARDING TUTORIAL FOR STUDENTS via Handshake
The following instructions are intended for students who have NEVER been hired for an on-campus job before.
Please follow each step, and read through the instructions carefully.
CONGRATULATIONS! You are hired for a campus job. Now what?
STEP 1: COMPLETE THE STUDENT EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE FORM
In order to start working, all students who are hired must submit a Student Employment Experience online form via Handshake.
To start the process: Log-In to your Handshake account: www.mville.joinhandshake.com
1. Go to [Career Center] tab at the top of your screen
2. Select [Experiences]
3. Select [Request a New Experience] on the top left of your screen
4. Follow the instructions listed
For Experience type, select [Student Employment]
For Employer, enter [Manhattanville College On-Campus Employment]
For Address, enter your permanent home address
5. Fill out the necessary information, click [Submit], then proceed to Step 2
STEP 2: DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING FORMS & ATTACH COMPLETED COPIES TO YOUR EXPERIENCE SUBMISSION
- Download these forms to your computer
- Fill out necessary information only after you download each form
- Save the completed forms
- Go back to [Career Center] tab, select [Experiences] and select your submitted Experience
- Attach each form to your [Experience] – using BLUE button the left side of your screen.
- Do this for all forms, one at a time
1. Hiring Addendum
- Be sure to include your Job Title, Department, & Supervisor
- Fill out Section A - Class Schedule - including start time & end time of your classes
- Fill out Section B - Work Schedule (some position do not require a work schedule - consult the CCD if you are not sure)
- Sign the bottom of the form - type your name on the signature line
2. Confidentiality Agreement (For e-signature, type full name on signature line)
3. Student Employee Agreement (For e-signature, type full name on signature line)
STEP 3: ATTACH YOUR SELF-SERVICE SCHEDULE
Attach a PDF or JPEG copy of your Class Schedule for the current semester from Self-Service.
STEP 4: COMPLETE TAX FORMS & EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION
Students working at Manhattanville for the first time will need to schedule a New Hire On-boarding appointment on Handshake
IMPORTANT: New Hires must also present original ID documents for the I-9 Form. A full list of acceptable IDs is listed on the last page of your I-9 form. All items must be original and NOT copies.
Some popular ID’s that students have brought in the past:
- Driver’s License & Social Security Card
- Driver’s License & Birth Certificate
International students who do not yet have a Social Security Card will also need to report to our main office to fill out additional paperwork.
STEP 5: SUPERVISOR APPROVAL
Once you submit your Student Employment Experience and attach the necessary documents, we will forward your Experience to your supervisor, who will be able to view and approve your job – and that’s it! No need to come to our office to receive a Green Slip. If you are missing anything, or the CCD/your supervisor requires further information, we will reach out to you.
STEP 6: CAREER DEVELOPMENT APPROVAL
After your supervisor approves your Experience, the CCD will review your submission once more, and then we will send you an email to confirm you are cleared to begin working. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are you to begin working without first receiving this written confirmation from the Career Development office that you have been approved to work.