How to Apply to School of Professional Studies programs
Starting terms: Graduate Program Modules and Advanced Certificates: Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter
Marketing Communication Management
Graduate and Advanced Certificates: Fall, Spring and Summer
Finance (all concentrations)
Sport Business and Entertainment Management
Graduate International students please see additional information below regarding international admissions as well as this link. (Advanced certificates are not eligible for international admissions).
Stay Valiant - GO THE EXTRA YEAR
NEW - Fast Start 35% discount now available for Four Plus One BS/MS degree program in Manhattanville School of Professional Studies
Fast Start is a graduate program offered to undergraduate students who graduated from Manhattanville. Fast Start students receive 35% reduction in tuition for the entire master’s degree program in education, provided that the Fast Start students maintain a 3.0 GPA, attend full-time (six credits or more) and begin within one year of graduation their undergraduate program (for classes 2020-2023).
Contact Peter Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health applicants: Summer and Fall only (there may be exceptions for those needing certain courses)
For fall enrollment, please postmark no later than July 1st, 2019 For summer 2019 enrollment, please postmark no later than April 1st, 2019
1. On-Line Application: The School of Professional Studies on-line application can be found at the following link: APPLY NOW
2. Personal Essay: In a candid personal essay of 500-750 words, explain:
How and why did you decide to pursue this program
Why the selected academic program is good match for your future goals
What you as a candidate can bring to our classroom
What special skills, leadership abilities, volunteer or other life experience make you a good overall fit for the selected program?
3. Resume: Submit a current resume indicating educational and business experience.
4. Transcripts: Graduate Domestic (All Master of Science and Advanced Certificates) An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Professional Studies Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. SPS will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health: An earned undergraduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0* is required. Please send official transcripts from every school attended to date sent directly to the School of Professional Studies Admissions Office. Student copies are not acceptable. SPS will consider a slightly lower GPA with significant workplace history.
5. Recommendations: Two letters of recommendations, either academic or professional, from a reference writer who can speak to the candidate’s intellectual capability and ability to handle the rigors of the applicant’s program. Letters can be uploaded via the on-line application. References writers may provide their own letter or you may forward our standard Professional Letter of Recommendation form available on our website if you prefer.
6. Application Fee: Fee waivers are available for attending Open House events. Please check the website for our next available date. Graduate and Advanced Certificate: $75.00 Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health: $75.00
7. Health Records: Due at the time of enrollment, if registering for six or more credits, students must submit the HEALTH FORM with proof of immunization of two measles mumps and rubella vaccines and a meningitis vaccine within 5 years/or a signed meningitis waiver. This is a requirement of New York State law. This requirement applies to only students born on or after January 1, 1957.
8. International Applicants: International students are eligible for Master of Science degrees only because of program and visa requirements. For admissions, if your undergraduate education was conducted at a non-US institution, we will require transcript credentials from either (WES) World of Education Services Inc. (www.WES.org) or a member of (NACES) National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. (www.naces.org/members.html). Please review this list carefully as we cannot accept credentials from organizations not on this list. If your undergraduate education was not conducted in English, we will require a test of English language skills through any of the following sources: TOEFL, IELTS, ITEP. Please note that our minimum IBT TOEFL is 85, IELTS is 7 and ITEP is B2. See this link for additional important information on applying as an international student. Accepted International students please see this link for information regarding maintaining your visa status.
9. Optional: GRE, GMAT, SAT & ACT testing is an optional admissions requirement and not a required element, however if you wish to submit any testing scores, we are happy to consider them as part of your overall application if you feel it will strengthen your application.
Submit all materials to: Manhattanville School of Professional Studies Office of Admissions 2900 Purchase Street — Reid G5 Purchase, NY 10577
For any questions on the application or submission materials please contact Peter Burns at 914.323.5129 or email@example.com
Please consult the website or Admissions Department for any deadlines and/or for questions regarding non-matriculated status.
*Applicants whose GPA are below these minimum requirements, but otherwise fulfill all other requirements for admissions may be granted "conditional admission" into a program.