Applying for Aid
Net Price Calculator
Manhattanville School Code: 002760
NY State TAP Code: 0420
Tips for Completing the FAFSA
- The Manhattanville school code is 002760
- Make sure you have copies of your taxes (IRS Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ)
- Dependent students must have their parents' tax forms.
- Records of untaxed income or benefits and current bank, savings or investment information.
- Manhattanville participates in the Direct Loan Program. You do not have to contact or apply to a lending institution for student loans. To be considered for student loans as part of your aid package, indicate your interest on your FAFSA/Renewal FAFSA.
Aid for First-Year and Transfer Students
Manhattanville College requires that all students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to determine eligibility for funding. The FAFSA is available online at studentaid.gov.
All recipients of federal and/or state financial aid must:
• Be a U.S. Citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident;
• Not owe a refund of any Title IV funds;
• Not be in default on repayment of a student loan.
Our priority deadline for submission is March 1st. If you are required to submit further documentation you will be notified by the Financial Aid office. If you require assistance with any of the application processes please do not hesitate to contact us.
What happens next? The financial aid staff will review your FAFSA data and either ask for additional documentation or we will make an award decision and send you an award letter along with other information to help you make an informed decision.
The Senator Jose Peralta New York State DREAM Act gives undocumented and other students access to New York State-administered grants and scholarships that support their higher education costs. To review your eligibility and to learn more, please visit www.hesc.ny.gov/dream/
Learn more about aid for international students and returning students.
Rights & Responsibilities
- As a financial aid applicant or recipient, you have certain rights and responsibilities. You should clearly understand them before you accept financial aid.
You have the right to:
- Know what financial aid is available, including information on all federal, state, local and institutional financial aid programs.
- Know the procedures and deadlines for financial aid, including when and how your aid will be disbursed.
- Know how your financial need is determined.
- Expect fair and equitable treatment from the staff in the Office of Financial Aid & Veteran Services. It is our goal to assist you promptly and professionally throughout the financial aid process.
- Know the interest rate on any educational loan you have, the total amount you must repay, the length of the repayment period, when repayment begins and what cancellation or deferment provisions apply.
- Know how Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is measured and how you can reestablish eligibility for federal financial aid if you fail to meet one of the standards.
- Know what funds you may be eligible for while enrolled in an approved study abroad program.
You and your parents/spouse have the primary responsibility for meeting your educational expenses at Manhattanville College. Staff in the Office of Financial Aid & Veteran Services expects that you and your family will make every effort to provide a reasonable contribution toward your education.
- You are responsible for:
- Filing the appropriate applications and forms for each type of aid that you wish to receive by the established deadlines.
- Providing all requested information to the Office of Financial Aid & Veteran Services accurately and promptly.
- Regularly checking your university email account for important updates and notifications from the Office of Financial Aid & Veteran Services.
- Maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) according to established university policies and standards.
- Reporting all financial assistance, such as scholarships, received from any outside source to the Office of Financial Aid & Veteran Services. These additional awards may be reported via your online financial aid notification.
- Reporting any changes in your name, address or attendance status to the appropriate office within the university.
- Repaying all student loans, you may receive. You must complete entrance counseling prior to receipt of your first Federal Direct Stafford and/or Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. Additionally, upon graduation, withdrawal or enrollment less than half-time you will also need to complete exit counseling.
- Understanding the withdrawal and refund policy at Manhattanville College. Please be aware that based upon the withdrawal date and refund calculation, the Office of Financial Aid & Veteran Services may need to return funds to the appropriate federal/state/institutional financial aid accounts. Unless instructed otherwise, you should never return funds directly to the federal/state governments, as we must do so for you according to the regulations.
- Paying your Manhattanville College billing charges, finance charges and late fees if you apply late for financial aid or if you do not submit required documents to the Office of Financial Aid & Veteran Services in a timely manner.