Welcome from the Dean
School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Debra Simons, PhD, RN
I am delighted to welcome you to the School of Nursing and Health Sciences (SNHS) at Manhattanville College. You have embarked upon a wonderful transformative journey by taking the first steps in pursuit of your goal to become future healthcare professionals. Our mission is to educate health professionals from a holistic framework in preparation to meet the needs of humanity in a complex health system locally, nationally, and globally. Nursing and Health Sciences are complementary to Manhattanville’s rich history in the liberal arts. Students who graduate from Manhattanville College will be design thinkers, patient-centered, high tech high care, holistically educated professionals who will influence health care institutions seeking to improve safety and health outcomes while enhancing the patient experience and achieve magnet status.
Our faculty are experts in their respective clinical fields of practice, holistic health, and contributions to healthcare. The healthcare professional, as an agent of change, is a stellar inter-professional collaborator, who incorporates design thinking as a practical method for innovation and problem-solving. It is through our mission that, together, we collaboratively learn and grow.
All the best,
Debra Simons, PhD, RN
About the School of Nursing
Manhattanville College School of Nursing and Health Sciences is fully registered with the State Education Department of the University of the State of New York, Albany, NY 12234.
Mission: The mission of the School of Nursing & Health Sciences is to transform the lives of students through the provision of an innovative and modern education that includes the liberal arts and sciences and develops healthcare professionals to become stellar global citizens, committed to social justice, future leaders and design thinkers, inter-professional collaborators, patient advocates who are proficient in high patient-centered care and technology, and holistically trained.
Philosophy: The philosophy of the School of Nursing and Health Sciences at Manhattanville College is grounded in both a professional and practice profession that is built upon the liberal arts and science foundation. The Theory of Human Caring informs the mission, philosophy and professional practice model, and the conceptualization of the philosophy is based on the Caritas Process. Caritas health professionals have an ethical responsibility to be genuinely present and centered for the patient while performing the needed tasks and procedures to foster healing and caring moments. This provides the balance between technology and caring to develop a truly high-tech, high-care practitioner. The health professional, as an agent of change, will become a stellar inter-professional collaborator and global citizens who incorporates design thinking as a practical method for innovation and problem-solving.
What’s special about Manhattanville College Nursing Programs?
- Located in a beautiful suburban area of Westchester County with over 90 acres of campus.
- Access to clinical rotations at the leading premier sites in the New York Metropolitan area.
- Nurses who graduate will be design thinkers, patient-centered, high-tech high-care, holistically educated nurses who will impact health care institutions seeking to improve safety and health outcomes while enhancing the patient experience and achieve magnet status.
- Clinical Learning Laboratories, located right on campus, offers students realistic, hospital and outpatient like settings and situations, with state-of-the-art technology designed to transform education into experience.
- Our faculty are experts in their respective clinical fields of practice, holistic health and contributions to healthcare.
- Learn Holistic Integrative Modalities complimentary to modern medicine.
- The Library system has an expanded nursing electronic databases.
- Undergraduate nursing students receive micro credential in End of Life Care which adds to their knowledge and marketability.
Clinical Learning Laboratory
The new Clinical Learning Laboratories, located right on campus, offers students realistic, hospital and outpatient like settings and situations, with state-of-the-art technology designed to transform education into experience. The clinical learning laboratory allows students to practice and combine technical skills and advance skills which will create linkages between theories to practice.