Manhattanville College spent its first 100 years, from 1847 to 1952, located in New York City’s Manhattanville neighborhood – hence the name!
After World War II, wanting to expand the size and facilities of the college, the administrators decided upon the Reid Estate for their new home in Westchester County.
From the Groundbreaking Ceremony in May 1951 to the Dedication of the Campus in October 1952 the entire process was completed in just sixteen months. Upon its opening in 1952 the campus consisted of just five buildings: Reid Hall, the Library, Benziger, Brownson, and Founders.
For more information, please contact:
Lauren Georger Ziarko, Archivist and Special Collections Librarian Manhattanville College Library 2900 Purchase St. Purchase, NY 10577 Tel: (914) 323-5422 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org