In a continuing effort to support the vibrant and diverse teaching and learning community at Manhattanville College, the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship was established in 2012 to support full time faculty, adjuncts, and staff as they pursue excellence in classroom-instruction, innovation in curriculum design, and fluency in student-centered twenty-first-century technologies.
The Center prides itself on offering a space for the community to gather around issues related to teaching and scholarship. Here, faculty and staff can meet for group discussions about pedagogy, join their colleagues for writing hours, participate in professional development events and workshops, and get training in new technologies that promote student engagement.
The Center strives to create and support a vibrant and diverse teaching and learning community of through:
- Supporting faculty-driven initiatives that seek to incorporate into the classroom new pedagogical strategies and/or instructional technologies that result in increased student academic success.
- Promoting innovative and effective practices for inclusive teaching, specifically by investigating achievement gaps and developing strategies for overcoming those gaps.
- Encouraging and supporting continuous discussions among faculty and teaching staff about student learning.
- Building programming opportunities that bring faculty/student support service departments together to create a collaborative and cohesive teaching institution.
- Encouraging faculty to share effective teaching practices and strategies.
- Building a culture of purposeful inquiry within a community of teachers and learners.
- Supporting the scholarship of teaching and learning among faculty from diverse backgrounds and disciplines.
- Fostering a space for faculty to share and workshop their research and writing projects.
The Center is located in Library 213 and is open to all faculty and adjuncts during the workweek.
Director, Center for Teaching, Learning, and Scholarship
Director, The Andrew Bodenrader Center for Academic Writing and Composition, Lecturer, Division of Writing, Languages, and Literature
Office of Instructional Technology
The Office of Instructional Technology works with faculty to discover ways to support pedagogy through technology. Explore new ways to engage with students, design assessments, integrate multimedia, meet with classes online, and more.