What types of behaviors should be referred to the At Risk Committee?
- Extreme rudeness or insubordination to college officials, staff, faculty or administrators
- Classroom disruption
- Drunkenness in the classroom
- Threatening words or actions
- Writings that convey clear intentions to harm self or others
- Observed self-injurious behavior, such as cutting, burning, etc.
- Online postings in Facebook, MySpace, RateMyProfessor that are threatening
- Excessive class absenteeism
- Suicidality, including threats (I am going to kill myself), gestures (erasing one’s hard drive), ideation (I’ve always thought about killing myself by jumping off a cliff), or attempts.
- Acts motivated by hatred or discrimination, or paranoia that a student groundlessly believes they are being targeted
- Relationship violence (even if the victim doesn't want you to tell, unless the information is conveyed to you in a privileged relationship)
- Flat affect or extreme lack of responsiveness
- "Accidental" overdose
- Disappearances, kidnappings or missing persons
- Alarming references to bombs, ammunition or ordnance
- Alarming infatuation with fire or firearms