Students Banner

Prospective Students

DHS Study in the States website

Resources for Studying in the States Education USA

Learn how to apply to Manhattanville programs

Accepted Students

If you are reading this, you have already made an application to one of the following programs: English Language Institute (ELI), Undergraduate Bachelor’s program or one of the Master's level graduate programs AND have been accepted.

We keep track of all international students in a wide variety of immigration statuses. Most students need F1 student status. If you are in the United States under a parent or spouse's immigration status, call us and we can advise what is the best course of action. There are a number of non-immigrant statuses that allow study (some even part-time) - so check with the OISS.

Please be advised that all new international freshmen and overseas transfers are expected to live on campus their first academic year.

ALL: click here to find out how to qualify for an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) necessary for an F-1 student visa. Here is more info about Student Visas from the US Department of State.

Before you leave home

Look to see if you can attend a pre-departure orientation in your home country.  Education USA offers short orientations to incoming students that touch on culture shock, customs check, money matters and a variety of other useful topics.  Typically they are offered in May, June and July.

English Language Institute (ELI)

Contact the ELI directly to make an application. Email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it directly or click the link above to apply. All students attending the ELI who need an F-1 student visa must attend full-time. Part-time study is not allowed under an F-1 student visa.

Undergraduate - Bachelor Degree

When you receive your I-20, you will also receive information on our Ready, Set, Go program. We give you an opportunity to meet all the other new internationals, have some fun and learn about your immigration responsibilities. The following documents will better prepare you for your stay at Manhattanville.

When you arrive to campus - please visit the OISS as soon as possible - have all of your immigration documents with you (not with your parents or in your suitcase).


Transfer Students

From a U.S. High School, College or University

If you are transferring from a U.S. High School (yes, high school), College or University your SEVIS records need to be released to the college before we can create an I-20 from Manhattanville. The following form needs to be completed by you the student, then given to the International Student Advisor from your previous school. Make sure you sign the top part before giving it to your International Student Advisor. Download the Transfer Clearance Form

From an Overseas College or University

If you are transferring from an overseas college or university, you want your academic credits to transfer too. Note: a maximum of ninety (90) credits are allowed to be transferred and they must relate to your current study plan. Please bring two (2) originals with a stamp/seal and signed transcripts in sealed envelopes from your institution. Once here in the U.S. you will need to have your transcript evaluated by World Education Services (WES) for a fee. If your transcript is not in English you will also have to pay for an authorized translation. University Language Services can take care of that but also for a fee.

Graduate - Master Degree

We require travel to your home country to change status. If you are in the U.S. in another status that does not allow study and want to change to an F-1 student, you will have to travel home to make the change. We are aware that there are other avenues to make a change of status, but that is a school policy. For more information about the documented finances required for an F-1 student visa - click here .

School of Education Applicants, please be aware that permanent certification in the State of New York requires U.S. citizenship or permanent residency (green card). There is a five-year temporary certification that does not have these restrictions, but after five years, you must be permanently certified if working in NYS.