Students Banner

International Alumni

OPT Reporting Responsibilities

Once you have accepted either OPT or an OPT extension, you are required to report your home address or any changes within 10 days of the change.  You are also required to report your supervisor's contact information or any changes in employer/employment.  You are required to find employment in your field or fields of study (major/minor).  For more details please see OPT Reporting

Still in the U.S. after OPT and want to enter graduate school?

If you have applied and been accepted to a master's program, you will need to have your immigration files transferred to the new school.  Some school require a transfer form, others don't.  We will need to see your acceptance letter before any action takes place.  Call or email the OISS for more information.


The H-1B is a non-immigrant visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H). It allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations.  Has your OPT job lead you to the possibility of an H1B visa?  GREAT!  For more information click the link! H1B Information from the USCIS.


Are you applying for graduate school?  Need an official transcript?  TRANSCRIPT REQUEST

144 New York Apostille Notary Manhattan authentication image

Apostille or Certificate of Authentication

Many countries require a U.S. diploma or other official documents be certified if you live or work overseas.  The Hague Convention of 1961 dictates which process to follow. Before you return home, download IMPORTANT information about Apostille, Certificate of Authentication, or an Embassy Legalization  

Just want to stay in touch

Facebook and email are wonderful ways to keep in touch.  You can find us on facebook, skype, linkedin and a variety of other social media.  Try using This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it   to find us.