The Health Center provides medical services to students of Manhattanville College at the discretion of the Health Center staff.
Student Services Include:
- General care for illness/injury
- Registered Nurses are available by phone or in person for advice or consultation.
- Gynecological Care - counseling and testing available for pregnancy, and STD's. Birth control available.
- Laboratory tests - performed in Health Center and include throat cultures, hematocrits, TB and urine tests. Lab tests sent out to Quest Diagnostic include mono tests, chem screens, blood counts, pregnancy tests, STD tests, glucose tolerance tests and many others.
- Physical exams for: Sports Study Abroad Internships
- Measles, mumps and rubella vaccines
- Menomune vaccine
- Tetanus injections, if needed
- Flu vaccine
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Evaluation, testing, treatment (when possible) of STD's
- HIV/AIDS information, counseling, referrals and Support
- Alcohol/drug information, education, counseling and referral
- Smoking cessation information, education and support
- Resource for health/illness/wellness related topics/issues for articles, papers, etc.
- Health Education outreach programs
- Health counseling
- Educational information is available on a variety of health topics. Videos, books and pamphlets are available.
- Referrals can be made with community specialist (eg. Dentist, etc.) when ordered by Health Care provider Most services are offered at no cost. Please call the Health Center at ext. 5245 if you have questions about a fee.
- Nutritional Counseling
Student Services Exclude: