In the event of inclement weather, the administration has adopted the following procedures to determine delayed opening, early dismissal, or College closing, as appropriate:
- Weather conditions and predictions within a 30 mile radius of the Manhattanville Campus are checked.
- Peers at area colleges and universities including Iona, SUNY Purchase, PACE, and Westchester Community College are contacted, if possible.
- The County Government's decisions regarding delayed openings, early closings, or closure are taken into consideration.
- A decision will be made by 5:30 am regarding a delayed opening or closure; a decision to dismiss early will be made and announced normally two-hours before the designated dismissal time.
The Manhattanville Community is urged to sign up for RAVE alerts for email and mobile phone notices regarding responses to inclement weather, check the College's web site, and tune into local news radio and television stations.
Snow Removal Plan of Action
Areas that are essential for Manhattanville College Students, employees and visitors in gaining access to the college property for day-to-day business activities are designated Priority #1, and will take precedence over all other grounds maintenance operations and will be plowed, sanded and made safe by 7:00 am.
- Main and rear entrance to college including all roadways around campus.
- Also includes roadways leading to the Marissa Pagli House, Duchesne House and closed gate area
- All campus walkways especially walkways around residence halls
- Walkways leading from parking lots to academic and administrative buildings
- Campus Fire Hydrants.
- Parking lots used for commuter students, and employees such as the Kennedy and Birch Grove Parking areas
- Parking along the back facility roadway.
- Parking lots in the front of the Berman Student Center, by the Benziger gate and loading dock areas.
- All roadway parking along the back and front of Brownson, Library, Music and Kennedy Buildings including Library loading dock area.
- Parking areas around Barat House.
- Walkways and parking lot at Faculty/Staff Housing.
- All other resident student parking lots to include the rear of Dammann/Tenney Hall including the front turnaround of each building.
- The handicap parking lot to the side of Tenney Hall and the loading dock area to Tenney Hall.
- The Spellman Parking lot and associated driveway in front of Spellman Hall and the Spellman Courtyard.
- The lower Founders Parking lot and turn around in front of Founders Hall.
- Parking along the side of the facilities building, the courtyard parking area to the East of the facilities building.
- Parking area at the Duchesne House as well as the parking and driveway areas for the Burnett, Olmstead and Houston Houses.
- Dirt road and walkways to the Ohnell Environmental Classroom building and Lady Chapel.
- Rear campus road past Duchesne House that allows access to storage buildings and campus transformer.
- Power House driveway to allow access to trash compactor and cell tower.
- Gravel Parking areas North of Barat House.