Manhattanville Reid Castle In the Spring

New York State Grants

New York State Residents

Information from your completed FAFSA will be provided to NYS Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC).  HESC will send an Express TAP Application (ETA) to any NYS Resident that indicated at least one NYS institution on the FAFSA. Students should complete the application and return it to HESC immediately.

Tuition Assistance Program (TAP)

Only students who are New York State Residents can receive TAP.  As the largest state grant program in the U.S., the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) provides more than 330,000 New York State students with awards ranging from $100 to $5,000. Because TAP is a grant, it does not have to be repaid. You can get TAP for up to four years of undergraduate study, or up to five years for certain approved programs. Manhattanville College's TAP School Code is 0420 for undergraduates and 5635 for graduate students.

What determines the amount of TAP that I receive?

  • The amount of tuition charged.
  • Your combined family New York State net taxable income (NTI); your dependency status (dependent or independent of parents); the type of school you are planning to attend; and the year in which you first receive a TAP award.
  • Other siblings enrolled in college.

Additional Sources of Aid for New York State Residents

HESC - Beyond the TAP program, additional aid in the form of grants and scholarships are awarded yearly through the New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC), Albany, NY 12255.

These include:

  • Vietnam and Gulf War Veteran Tuition Award
  • NYS Regents Award for Children of Deceased Correction Officers
  • NYS Memorial Scholarships for Families of Deceased Police Officers and Firefighters
  • Children of Deceased or Disabled Veteran Awards
  • Military Service Recognition Scholarship
  • New York Lottery Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship
  • World Trade Center Memorial Scholarship

For additional scholarship information, please log onto:

Individuals with disabilities may contact the Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID), NYS Education Department, Albany, NY 12234.  VESID provides funds to be used for tuition, fees, etc., as well as for note takers and interpreters in the instance of a blind or deaf student.  Eligibility is determined by VESID.

Aid programs for the visually impaired are available through the Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired, Department of Social Services, Albany, NY 12243.

State Aid to Native Americans may be obtained by contacting the Native American Education Unit, NYS Education Department, Albany, NY 12234.