International applicants for the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music degrees must submit the following materials to the Office of Admissions for evaluation:
Submitting the Manhattanville Online application.
The Common Application – Manhattanville College is a member of the Common Application and is now accepting online applications for Fall 2014. Click here to apply.
Apply manually: please download the Manhattanville College paper application and submit manually.
Please mail the completed application to:
2900 Purchase Street
Purchase, New York 10577
Att.: Undergraduate Admissions
Fax the completed application to the following number: #914-694-1732
An interview is strongly encouraged and, in some cases, may be required.
International Students interested in Art, Music, Dance and Theatre
In addition to following the normal application procedures:
- International applicants who wish to major in art must present a varied portfolio of their best artwork to the Art Department.
- International students can submit portfolios by mailing a CD/DVD to the Office of Admissions or by providing a link to e-portfolios to Carrie.Nagle@mville.edu
- International applicants who wish to major in voice or instrumental music must submit an audition by mailing a DVD with the requirements to the Office of Admissions. The audition DVD should consist of three performances from different musical periods. A test of general musicianship will be given during orientation week
- International applicants who wish to major in Dance, Theatre or Theatre Education must submit an audition by mailing a DVD with requirements to the Office of Admissions
International applicants requesting in-person portfolio review or auditions; appointments may be made by e-mailing Carrie.Nagle@mville.edu
International Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis:
- Admissions Requirements must be met by March 1 for fall semester (September) and December 1 for spring semester (January).
- All supporting documents must be received before your application can be processed.
- All documents written in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified English translations.
- International applicants are eligible for academic scholarships (non-need-based) and international need based aid. Need based awards are given on a limited bases.
- Proof of ability to meet the full cost of attendance must be supplied. A Supplemental Application Form for International students must be filled out and mailed to the Manhattanville College Office of Admissions.
- Applicants who speak or write English as a second language are required a minimum score of 80 on the IBT TOEFL or a minimum score of 6.5 on the IELTS. If scores are below 80 IBT (550 PBT) TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS, your application will automatically be considered for Conditional Admission. Conditionally admitted students will register for non-credit, preparatory English courses which are taught at Manhattanville's English Language Institute.
In order for a decision to be rendered applicants must show:
- They have accomplished a successful academic profile upon completion of academic (classical) secondary school program; or
- College or university standing in another country demonstrates an acceptable academic profile.
Advanced Standing and College Credit
International Baccalaureate (IB): College credits may be granted for Higher Level Examinations in the International Baccalaureate Program on which a student has earned a score of 5, 6, or 7.
Advanced ("A") level: The College may grant credits for examinations taken at the A level of the British General Certificate of Education on which the student received a grade of C or better.
Advanced Placement (AP): Students who have achieved a grade of 4 or 5 on an AP Test of the College Entrance Examination Board may receive credits toward their Manhattanville degree.