Transfer candidates for the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music degrees must supply the following materials to the Office of Admissions and Financial Planning:
Candidates with 30 or more College Credits
- Application for admission - Manhattanville College exclusively uses the Common Application for Undergraduate Admissions
- Official College transcripts from all institutions you have matriculated to
Candidates under 30 College Credits
- Application for admissions - Manhattanville College exclusively uses the Common Application for Undergraduate Admissions
- $50 application fee
- Final Official High School transcripts
- Offcial College transcripts from all institutions you have matriculated to
- Manhattanville College is a test optional institution.
Optional Supplements for all Transfer Applicants
- Personal Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- A personal interview is strongly encouraged and, in some cases, may be required.
Transfer students who apply as juniors must also be accepted by the department in their major field of study.
Art, Music, Dance and Theatre Applicants
In addition to following the normal application procedures:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts applicants who wish to major in art must present a varied portfolio of their best artwork to the Art Department. To schedule an in-person portfolio review please contact the Art Department at 914-323-5331 or you may submit a CD, slides or a DVD to the Admissions department.
- Bachelor of Music candidates who wish to major in voice, instrumental, or musical theater must auditionwith the Music Department. The audition consists of:
- Performance of three pieces from different musical periods, and
- A test of general musicianship
To schedule an audition appointment with the Music Department please contact their offices at 914-323-5260. If distance makes it impossible to visit in person, applicants may submit slides or DVD recordings.
- Bachelor of Arts candidates who wish to major in Dance, Theatre or Theatre Education must audition with the Department of Dance & Theatre. To schedule an audition appointment for the Department of Dance and Theatre please contact the Admissions Office. If distance makes it impossible to visit in person, applicants may submit a DVD recording.
If you wish to take courses in the performing or visual arts as extracurricular or minor credits an audition is not required.
NOTE: Bachelor of Arts candidates who wish to major in music and Bachelor of Music candidates will be required to pass an audition by the end of the sophomore year. We recommend that you discuss your plans with a member of the music faculty as early as possible in your college career.
Transfer students are welcome at Manhattanville. We offer generous scholarships, and we may accept up to 60 transfer credits, pending approval by the Academic Dean.
Accepted students must confirm their intention to attend by submitting their acceptance deposit fee ($400 for residents; $270 for commuters) by date listed on the acceptance letter. Deposit fees are not refundable. See Financial Aid for more information
Manhattanville College offers rolling admissions. The recommended deadlines are:
- August 1 for fall applicants
- January 10 for spring applicants
Acceptance is offered for either the fall or spring semester provided you meet Manhattanville's Transfer Admissions Requirements
Once you are accepted:
- The transcripts showing the courses completed at another college will become part of your Manhattanville Portfolio.
- Papers or work from the previous college may also be included.*
* If such materials are not available, you may prepare evidence of the required skills after enrolling at Manhattanville.