Freshman applicants (other than International)for the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fine Arts or Bachelor of Music degrees must submit the following materials to the Office of Admissions for evaluation.
You can apply to Manhattanville College by:
Please mail the completed application to:
2900 Purchase Street
Purchase, New York 10577
Att.: Undergraduate Admissions
Fax the completed application to the following number: #914-694-1732
- $50 application fee
- Official transcript of grades
- One Guidance counselor recommendation
- One teacher recommendation
- Personal Essay
- Manhattanville College is a test optional institution.
- If submitting SAT or ACT scores, send them directly to Manhattanville College. The College code is 2397.
- If choosing test optional, please visit our Test Optional Policy.
A personal interview is strongly encouraged and, in some cases, may be required.
Art, Music, Dance and Theatre Applicants
In addition to following the normal application procedures:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts applicants who wish to major in art must present a varied portfolio of their best artwork to the Art Department. To schedule an in-person portfolio review please contact the Art Department at 914-323-5331 or you may submit a CD, slides or a DVD to the Admissions department.
- Bachelor of Music candidates who wish to major in voice, instrumental, or musical theater must auditionwith the Music Department. The audition consists of:
- Performance of three pieces from different musical periods, and
- A test of general musicianship
To schedule an audition appointment with the Music Department please contact their offices at 914-323-5260. If distance makes it impossible to visit in person, applicants may submit slides or DVD recordings.
- Bachelor of Arts candidates who wish to major in Dance, Theatre or Theatre Education must audition with the Department of Dance & Theatre. To schedule an audition appointment for the Department of Dance and Theatre please contact the Admissions Office. If distance makes it impossible to visit in person, applicants may submit a DVD recording.
If you wish to take courses in the performing or visual arts as extracurricular or minor credits an audition is not required.
Manhattanville's Admissions Office will process applications throughout the year, as long as enrollment space remains available.
Students should submit all Admissions Requirements prior to the deadlines:
- March 1 for all applicants
- January 1 for spring applicants
Under the Regular Admission Plan, candidates will receive an acceptance, denial or deferment on a rolling basis beginning in January once the candidate's file is complete. Only Early Action applicants will receive notification of their admission status prior to December 20. Accepted students must confirm their intention to attend by submitting their acceptance deposit fee ($500 for residents; $300 for commuters) by May 1, unless the acceptance letter states another due date.
Deposit fees are not refundable after May 1.
See Financial Aid for more information.