Please choose one of the following options for submission of Annual Assessment Reports.
Option 1: Template Submission
Please be sure to use the new version.
Option 2: Narrative Submission
Please address the following questions:
1. Which of your student learning objectives were measured?
2. How did you assess these learning outcomes?
3. What were the results of the assessment?
4. As a result of faculty reflection on these results, are there any program changes planned?
5. Did your department engage in any other assessment activities, such as the development of rubrics, course alignment?
6. Are any other assessment activities planned for the upcoming academic year?
Option 3: Exemplar Submission
For some programs the most useful strategy may be to provide an exemplar of assessment that informed program development or improvement. For example, a program may decide to address a very specific question during a given year, such as the sequence of courses. This may also be most applicable to programs that engage in a considerable amount of ongoing assessment for an outside accrediting agency. For programs that choose to provide an exemplar submission please respond to the following:
1. What question or issue were you addressing with this activity?
2. What data did you collect to address this question or issue?
3. What did the data tell you?
4. As a result of faculty reflection on these results, are there any program changes anticipated?
5. What assessment activities are planned for the upcoming academic year? If so, what are these changes? How will you know if these changes achieved the desired results?
Click here to see these questions in a Word Document.
Option 4: Copy of External Report
For programs that submit an annual report on assessment of learning outcomes to an outside agency, a copy of this report may be submitted to the CASL.