|Spanish Placement Exam|
Your Passport to Spain, Latin America and almost everywhere
The Spanish Placement Exam is required for all incoming freshman wishing to register for a Spanish class, and must be completed prior to June 8, 2013. Please note: You will not be permitted to register for SPN 1005, Spanish for Beginners I, or SPN 1008, Spanish for beginners II unless you take the Spanish Placement Exam. The Spanish Placement Exam is a World Wide Web-based program, so it may be completed on a computer (PC or MAC) with Internet access.
Students may take the Spanish placement examination only once.
The purpose of this exam is to provide individualized testing, to identify your ability level using combinations of grammar, reading, and vocabulary questions. Please complete the placement examination to the best of your ability, without the use of textbooks, dictionaries, or any other type of assistance.
You can access the link to the placement exam directly below these instructions.
HOW TO LOGIN TO THE WEBCAPE PLACEMENT EXAM:
1) Once you click on the link put in the following password exactly as it appears -
Exam password: bonjour
2) You will be asked to choose Spanish from the drop down menu. After you choose the language, click "Begin."
3) On the next page enter the information regarding your first name, your last name, your Manhattanville College ID number, and your email address. And then complete the survey regarding your previous Spanish experience.
4) Next, the computer will take you to a practice page. Follow instructions on the screen, responding to the multiple choice questions by typing and confirming the letter of the correct answer. When you answer the practice question, the exam will begin. The exam takes approximately 20 minutes to complete depending on your level.
5) At the conclusion of the test, the computer scores your performance level. You are immediately advised of the class that is most suited to your ability. You will be advised to take the first year Introductory courses (SPN 1005 and FRN 1008) or the second year Intermediate courses (SPN 1013 and SPN 1014). If you are eligible for advanced courses you will be advised to consult with the Dept. Chairperson. BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE BOX LABELLED "FINISHED" and MAKE A NOTE OF YOUR SCORE TO BRING TO YOUR ADVISOR.
If your exam session is interrupted and you have not completed the Placement test, you must login again and enter your information EXACTLY as you did when you started the exam and then click the RESUME button, NOT the START button.
Below is the link to the Spanish Placement exam: