|Chemistry Placement Exam|
* For Blackboard Placement Exam instructions, click HERE *
This exam need only be taken if you plan to take CHM 1001/1003: Principles of Chemistry. The CHM 1001/1003 lecture/lab sequence is required for all Science majors and minors, for students interested in taking advanced electives in Chemistry or Biology, and for pre-health students. If you DO NOT plan to enroll in the CHM 1001/1003 sequence, you do not need to take this placement test. The Chemistry Placement Exam will determine whether you will be placed into CHM 1000 or CHM 1001. CHM 1000 will provide you with background preparation if you have not taken Chemistry for a while or need to develop your skills prior to beginning the laboratory sequence, which is very intensive.
If you have questions about the course recommendation, please contact Prof. Darlene Gandolfi at Darlene.Gandolfi@mville.edu
Students eligible for testing accommodations are encouraged to contact the Director of Disability Services at 914-323-7127.
1. Go to http://blackboard9.mville.edu. Login to Blackboard using your new Manhattanville credentials. Your username is your last name and first initial (unless otherwise indicated in the welcome email or letter you recently received with your new account setup instructions). The first time you log into Blackboard, your password is also the same as your username.
Example: Jane Valiant
*NOTE: If you have trouble logging in, contact the IT Help Desk at (914) 323-7230. (Note you may change your password under "Personal Information" in the "Tools" box on the left side of the Blackboard screen after your login.)
3. Once you have logged in, click on the "My Courses" tab at the top left of the screen:
4. Search for the name of the placement exam you wish to take in the "Course Search" box. The following tutorial uses the "Chemistry Placement Exam" as a test example:
5. When the course or exam name list appears with the name of the placement exam you want to take, click on the arrow next to the title to open a dropdown menu. The "Enroll" link will then display. Click the word "Enroll":
6. On the next screen, click "Submit" to enroll in the placement exam. On the following screen, click "OK" to confirm your enrollment:
7. You are now enrolled in your placement exam. You MUST read all instructions and advisories listed for the exam before you begin! Click the placement exam's name to begin your test session:
8. If you will not be taking an exam immediately after enrolling, you may exit Blackboard and return to the exam later without re-enrolling. Your "enrolled" exams will appear on your main Blackboard page after you log in under "My Courses".
Instructions to Start an Exam
9. Once you click on a placement exam's name, you may "Begin" your test session:
10. The exam's duration timer will begin counting down and the "Questions Completion Status" bar will track your progress on the exam's questions. Your answers are saved automatically. Click the arrow next to the question counter in the lower right corner to advance to the next exam question:
11. Be sure to read each question carefully. Your answers will automatically save. Once you have selected your answer, click the progress arrows on the right to advance to the next question.
12. After the last question, click "Save and Submit." If you have not completed all of the questions after the exam's time limit is reached, the test will automatically end and your answers will have been saved.
13. You may check your score immediately after the test is submitted by clicking "My Results" in the course menu on the left. Your score will also be visible within 48 hours in your WebAdvisor account.