|Biology Placement Exam|
* For Blackboard Placement Exam instructions, click HERE *
The Biology Placement Exam will determine whether you will be placed
Please take this test as a closed-book exam. It is more important that you
You have 45 minutes to complete the test. The exam has a total of 27
You may take the placement exam at any time.
If you have questions about the course recommendation, please contact Prof. Nancy Todd,
, (914) 323-5121 or
(Updated May 7, 2013)
1. Go to http://blackboard9.mville.edu
2. Login to Blackboard using your new Manhattanville credentials. Your username is your last name and first initial (unless otherwise indicated in the welcome email or letter you recently received with your new account setup instructions). The first time you log into Blackboard, your password is also the same as your username.
Example: Jane Valiant
If you have trouble logging in, contact the Help Desk at (914) 323-7230. (Note you may change your password under "Personal Information" in the "Tools" box on the left side of the screen after your login.)
3. Once you have logged in, click on the "Courses" tab at the top of the screen.
4. Search for the "Biology Placement Exam" in the "Course Search" box.
5. When a list with the Biology Placement Exam appears, click on the arrows next to the title to show the drop-down menu. Select "Enroll."
6. Click "Submit" to enroll in the course.
7. Confirm your enrollment by clicking "OK" at the bottom right of the screen.
8. You are now enrolled in the Biology Placement Exam course. Be sure to read the instructions before clicking the link for the test at the bottom of the screen.
9. If you will not be taking the test immediately after enrolling, you may return to the link without re-enrolling. Log into Blackboard again, and click on "Biology Placement Exam" on your front page under "My Courses."
Instructions When Taking the Online Placement Test
1. Once you have clicked on the link to start the test, click "Begin." This will open the test and start the timer.
2. Note that you have 45 minutes to complete the test. Questions will appear one at a time. You can check your progress by clicking "Question Completion Status" in the menu.
3. Be sure to read each question carefully. Your answers will automatically save. Once you have selected your answer, click the progress arrows on the right to advance to the next question.
4. After the last question, click "Save and Submit." If you have not completed all of the questions after 45 minutes, the test will automatically end and your answers will have been saved.
5. You may check your score immediately after the test is submitted by clicking "My Score" in the course menu on the left.
Students eligible for testing accommodations are encouraged to contact