· CHM 1001/1002: Principles of Chemistry I/II
· CHM 1003/1004: Principles of Chemistry Laboratory I/II
· CHM 2001/2002: Organic Chemistry I/II
· CHM 2005/2006: Organic Chemistry Laboratory I/II
· CHM 2009/2010: Physical Chemistry I/II
· CHM 2011: Physical Chemistry Laboratory
· CHM 2015: Intermediate Inorganic Chemistry
· CHM 2016: Intermediate Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory
· CHM 3003: Chemical and Instrumental Analysis
· CHM 3004: Chemical and Instrumental Analysis Laboratory
· One advanced Chemistry elective:
· Research (at least one semester):
· MATH 1030/1032: Calculus I/II
· PHY 1001/1002: Physics I/II
Other recommended courses: Principles of Biology I/II, Biochemistry, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Computer Programming.
At least six of the required Chemistry core courses must be taken at Manhattanville. The minimum grade for major credit in Chemistry is C-. Note: Courses may only be repeated one time in an attempt to meet the minimum grade of C-.
* Register for Research (CHM 4450) in the fall of their Junior year and for the following three semesters. After consulting with and receiving the approval of Department faculty, students select an area of study and are given a research topic by their research advisor.