UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH AND CREATIVE ACHIEVEMENT FAIR
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2011
1:00 – 4:00 PM
BERMAN STUDENTS' CENTER
Berman Center Theatre – Paper Presentations and Discussion
1:00 Valerie Valdez (International Studies) "Income Inequality in China"
1:30 Cecilia Medyna (Romance Languages) "The Breton Question: Regional, National or European Identity?"
2:00 Brittany Baur (Biology) "The antioxidant and neuroprotective efficacies of several common bioavailable polyphenolic flavonoids and terpenoids from Ginkgo biloba leaf extract against neurotoxin-induced Parkinson's disease model in vitro"
2:30 Ricardo Gamez (Biology) "The neuroprotective efficacies of the various vitamin E isomers against neurotoxin-induced Parkinson's disease model and other neurodegenerative models in vitro"
3:00 Melat Tiruneh (Biology) "The ginsenoside constituents from Ginseng are effective antioxidant and neuroprotective agents against neurotoxin-induced Parkinson's disease model in vitro"
3:30 Valerie Lopez (Political Science) "Blacks as People: A Comparative Study of the Political Participation of Afro-descendents in Brazil and Ecuador"
Room 002 Berman Center – Paper Presentations and Discussion
1:00 Heather Breene (Music Education) "Successful Performance of a Contemporary Musical Work: The Collaboration between a Performer and Composer"
1:30 Samuel Crawford (Music) Solo Jazz Guitar Performance of "God Bless the Child" by Billie Holiday and Arthur Herzog, Jr.
2:00 Gina Viggiano (Art History) "Sustainable Homes"
2:30 Keeley McCue (Management) "The Juxtaposition of Natural and Artificial: A Photographic Reflection on the Environmental Movement"
3:00 Charlene Cordero-Matos (International Studies) "Sustainable Feminism: Can Ecofeminist Art Work as a Form of Resistance in both Feminism and Ecology?"
3:30 Alexandra Simonfay (Communication) "A Psychoanalytic Perspective in the Analysis of Disturbia and Rear Window"
Berman Center Lobby (1 – 4 p.m.) – Poster, Fine Art and ePortfolio Presentations
- Ricardo Sanchez Ayala (Studio Art) Poster
- Kavita Patel, Natalie Garcia, Pedro Kim (Biology) Poster
- Tchotcho Teko (Biology) Poster
- Madeline Gomez (Biology) Poster
- Aimee Wanner (Studio Art) Fine Art
- Alexander Doolan (Studio Art) Fine Art
- Katrina Jordan (Studio Art) Fine Art
- Cameron Graham (Undeclared) Fine Art
- Elizabeth Sweeney (Studio Art) Fine Art
- Matthew Marano (Studio Art) Fine Art
- Keeley McCue (Management) Fine Art
- Joe Horton (Studio Art) ePortfolio
- Jeanette LeBlanc (Management) ePortfolio
- Elizabeth Borgatti (Studio Art) ePortfolio
- Amanda Ruderman (Studio Art) ePortfolio
- Larry Laski (Computer Science) ePortfolio
- Gina Viggiano (Art History) ePortfolio