Manhattanville College International Preparatory Program (INTP) is a program of conditional admission for highly qualified international applicants who meet the College's academic requirements but have not yet attained the minimum 80 iBT score* (550 PBT) or the minimum 6.5 IELTS* score necessary for matriculation into the College. The International Preparatory Program (INTP) provides international students lacking the English language proficiency necessary to enroll in a degree program at Manhattanville College the opportunity to strengthen their English language skills first, so that they may ultimately enroll and succeed in undergraduate classes with native English speakers.
Conditionally admitted students begin their course of study as full-time students at Manhattanville College English Language Institute (ELI). Students are prepared for entry (matriculation*) through:
- Intensive English instruction at the English Language Institute (ELI)
- Continuous, scheduled, academic advisement
- The opportunity to take College courses with the recommendation of the ELI faculty when the appropriate TOEFL score is achieved or upon the recommendation of the ELI faculty
*Full-time Undergraduate Status
Requirements for Acceptance into the International Preparatory Program
- Completion of online Common Application
- Strong academic record
- A minimumTOEFL** score of 54-55 iBT (480 paper-based) or 4.5 IELTS
- **Students who do not have a TOEFL, IELTS or SAT score must show a minimum of 3 years of prior English language study with minimum"B" GPA (grade point average) in each class.
- Official translated transcript of grades
- 1 guidance counselor recommendation
- 1 teacher recommendation
- Proof of ability to meet the full cost of attendance must be supplied. A Supplemental Application Form for International students must be filled out and mailed to the Manhattanville College Office of Admissions.
- Placement tests are administered upon arrival
- College preparatory advising that includes:
- a study plan
- a time-frame for matriculation and graduation
- College and/or ELI credit courses for eligible students
- Small ESL classes assuring individualized attention
- Up to 21 contact hours per week in intensive ESL courses designed to prepare students for academic life at the College
- Focus on analytic, written and oral skills in classes that may include grammar, reading, writing, conversation, TOEFL prep and ESL through American culture
For additional information about the International Preparatory Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students seeking conditional admission must apply to Manhattanville College Undergraduate Admissions.