The Academic Resource Center (ARC) offers academic support free of charge to all undergraduate Manhattanville students, whether full-time or part-time, in a variety of subjects at all levels of the curriculum. The ARC is located in the Library, room 119; Tel. (914) 323-5474; E-mail ARC@mville.edu. Hours are 9:00-5:00 Monday-Friday.
At the ARC students may receive support, individually and in groups, in a relaxed environment, where personal requests may be met. The ARC has a professional mathematics tutor available every day. In addition there are peer tutors and Supplemental Instruction leaders for many subjects. Students are encouraged to look for the SI leaders who may be assigned to their courses, and take advantage of this opportunity to enhance their academic success.
At the Academic Resource Center, emphasis is put on learning and the gaining of independence. Tutors and SI leaders offer guidance and explain principles that students can put into practice. It is important for students who seek assistance to understand that by doing so they are making a commitment both to themselves and the ARC staff.
ARC means instruction, enhancement, and ongoing support. The ARC serves
- students at all levels who wish to work with a professional tutor on strategies in math or study skills
- students who wish to work with a peer tutor on content areas
- students who wish to attend S.I. sessions connected to their courses
- students who wish to attend study labs in math
- students who wish to enhance their skills by training to become S.I. leaders or peer tutors
- faculty who wish to obtain additional support for their students by recommending tutoring at the ARC or by engaging an S.I. for challenging introductory courses.
The Academic Resource Center is located in the Library, (914) 323- 5474, or ARC@mville.edu.
Hours: The ARC has daytime hours Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m.and 5:00 p.m. Students with documented disabilities should refer questions to the Office of Disability Services.