Academics Banner



How do I set up my WebAdvisor account?

Click here for instructions on how to set up your WebAdvisor account.  You can also access WebAdvisor on MyMville, located on the top right corner of the home page.


What is Blackboard and how do I set up my account?

Click here for detail information on Blackboard and for login.

How do I declare or change my major and minor?

Beginning with the Fall 2012 semester, Manhattanville undergraduate students will now declare or change their academic programs (i.e. majors & minors) and/or change their academic advisors by completing the Undergraduate Declaration/Change of Program, Minor or Change of Advisor, and Anticipated Graduation Date Form.  The completed form must be submitted to the Registrar.  For detailed information on declairing your major/minor, and for updating your academic advisor information, click on the following Registrar link:

What is an e-Portfolio and how do I set up my account?

An e-Portfolio is an electronic presentation of your work and yourself.  It is an opportunity to develop a social and intellectual identity on the web. Click here for instructions on how to set up your account.

How do I change my Academic Advisor?

To officially change your advisor in your major, the Undergraduate Declaration/Change of Program, Minor or Change of Advisor Form must be completed and submitted to the Registrar's office for processing.  This form must be signed by you and your new primary advisor and your new co-advisor. 

How do I figure out my GPA?

Manhattanville's Grading and Grading Policies uses standard letter grades. Each letter grade is assigned a numeric grade point value to allow computation of a student's Grade Point Average (GPA).   For example, if you complete 5 courses, each conferring 3 credits, grades A, B+, F, C, and D, you can compute your scholastic index as follows:   
Grade Numeric Value Grade Point Value
3 x 4.00 (A)   = 12.00
3 x 3.25 (B+) = 9.75
3 x 0.00 (F)   = 0.00
3 x 2.00 (C)   = 6.00
3 x 1.00 (D)   = 3.00

 Total grade point value


Divide the total grade point value by total credits.  Do not include "W" and "P" grades (from pass/fail grading option) in the attempted credits. 

30.75 / 15=

2.05 GPA
 Manhattanville maintains the following letter grading system:
A  = 4.0
B+= 3.25
B  = 3.0
B- = 2.75
C+= 2.25
C  = 2.0
C-= 1.75
D  = 1.0
F   = 0.0
W  = Course Withdrawal

What is the GPA required to make the Dean's list?

 A 3.6 average is required during a particular semester with at least a minimum of 15 credits earned. 

 What are the cumulative GPAs required for Latin Honors at commencement? 

Graduation honors are based on the following cumulative grade point averages:
  • 3.7 - cum laude
  • 3.8 - magna cum laude
  • 3.9 - summa cum laude 

How many credits determines my class level?

0-29 - Freshman / 30-59 - Sophomore / 60 - 89 - Junior / 90+ Senior 

Who is eligible to apply for an internship?

Students who have earned 60 credits can apply for an Internships for Credits.  The Center for Career Development can assist you in your search for an internship .

What is the maximum number of credits a student is allowed to register for?

19 is the maximum credits, except in majors like Music, where 20.5 credits is the maximum.  A student may apply for registration in excess of these numbers, if the minimum cumulative GPA is a 3.25.  The Application for Credit Overload, and all necessary faculty approval and registration forms, should be submitted to the Registrar's Office for consideration, and for final review by the Provost.  NOTE: If you are enrolled beyond the maximum credits, you will be charged at the credit hour rate for each additinal credit hour enrolled.  Click here for detailed information on tuition rates. 

Can I withdraw below 12 credits?

Not without an appeal.  Minimum credit load for full-time status is 12 credits.  Permission to withdraw below 12 credits will only be considered for extraordinary reasons (e.g., illness or death in the family).  ALL appeals must be accompanied by appropriate documentation and submitted to the Dean of Studies, with all signatures, no later than the course withdrawal deadline for the semester in which the withdrawal is requested.
NOTE: Athletes and students on Academic Probation are not eligible to withdraw to below 12 credits.  

How many credits are required for graduation?

120 credits minimum is required, though some majors may require 130, with an overal average of C (2.0) and with individual grades of C- or better in ALL courses used for the major, minor, and general education courses for distribution and competency requirements.  Some departments may require a minimum cumulative GPA higher than a C (2.0).
NOTE: The minimum number of liberal arts credits within your 120 credits varies depending on your degree. 
  • 90 credits for a BA degree
  • 60 credits for a BS degree
  • 30 credits for a BFA degree 

What are the General Education requirements?

For students who have matriculated at the College since (or in) the Fall 2009 semester, the following General Education requirements exist: Click here

How do I access online Faculty/Course evaluations?

Simply log on to WebAdvisor.
  • Go to WebAdvisor Student Menu
  • Under Academic Profile, click on “Submit Faculty Evaluations”
  • Select the current term in progress from the TERM dropdown
  • Choose a course to evaluate from your course list
  • Complete Faculty Course Evaluations
  • When you are finished, click “Submit.”
  • Return to your course list and complete evaluations for the rest of your courses.

Where are class cancellations posted?

The Registrar provides a listing of class cancellations on a daily basis.

 Back to top of page