Now that the 2012-2013 academic year is in session, Justyn Richardson ’13 is excited take on his role as the Student Government Association President. The self-designed political economy major discusses some of his favorite spots on campus, as well as what SGA has planned for the upcoming school year.
What are your plans after graduation?
I was offered a full-time position at the consulting firm, Booz Allen Hamilton, in Washington D.C. where I interned this summer.
Why will you be a great SGA president?
I am extremely student oriented and care about social life. I think I can make an effort to try and help campus life.
What is your favorite on-campus activity?
My favorite thing to do on campus is to interact with other students in social settings and school events.
Where is your favorite place to have fun on campus?
My favorite place on campus is the Game Zone. I love to play ping-pong there because I find it relaxing.
What advice do you have for students new to Manhattanville this semester?
The best advice I can give to incoming students is to be active and involved in your interests. The time will move quickly. It is better to not have regrets on what could have been done.
What is your favorite quote?
"And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?" - Jesus (NAS Bible, Matthew 6:27)
What is SGA working on this semester?
Manhattanville student discount cards and the Student Bill of Rights.
What is the role of the SGA at Manhattanville?
The role of SGA is to represent the students. Any time they want something we are here to try and represent them. We are working for the community as a whole even though the students are our main concern. We are trying to benefit the Manhattanville community at large.
How should students interested in working with the SGA get involved?
Attend meetings, talk to us, email us, and stop by during office hours. There are lots of ways to reach us, and get involved. There is a lot they can do. The SGA is here to represent students, so they should reach out to me and us. They can always email me or the other members with any issues at
. Students can always come to our meetings on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. in the Student Center Theatre. We have a few open positions and will be holding elections in mid-September.
The SGA administration is as follows:
- Justyn Richardson, President
- Jada Cash-Wilson, Vice President of Academics
- Arsalan Danish, Academic Representative
- Stephanie Camerone, Academic Representative
- Cristal Espejo, Student Affairs Representative
- Will Sahakian, Student Affairs Representative
- Filloreta Islami, Student Affairs Representative
- Benny Chu, Finance Representative
- Sonia Mehta, Finance Representative
- Cat Wilson, Finance Representative
- Madiha Mughal, Commuter Representative
- Annesha Edwards-Carter, Senior Class President
- Vida Vargas, Senior Class Vice-President
- Robin Cortez, Junior Class Vice-President